View Poll Results: Did man set foot on the moon?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

122 84.14%
  • No

23 15.86%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we originally go to the moon?

Default Did we originally go to the moon?

The other thread and the responses were interesting. Who believes man has set foot on the moon and who here doesn’t?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Of course they did. I watched it on the TV.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

I think the moon landings were real...Don't think a conspiracy that would have to involve mulitudes of people could have survived this long.

On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that it would take 5 yrs to logistically get ready for another moon landing in this day of advanced technology...50 years ago they did it in less than 10 with computer capability less than your phone...............

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    I think the moon landings were real...Don't think a conspiracy that would have to involve mulitudes of people could have survived this long.

On the other hand, I find it hard to believe that it would take 5 yrs to logistically get ready for another moon landing in this day of advanced technology...50 years ago they did it in less than 10 with computer capability less than your phone...............
    Yeah, but those dudes were wizzes with a slide rule.

You sheeple need to quit inhaling the chem trails the government is poisoning y'all with and the great moon hoax will suddenly become clear. Free your mind and the rest will follow.

Of course we went to the moon...Murica!!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I’d love for the majority of us that believe Neil walked on the moon, to explain themselves
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Regardless of whether we went to the moon or not, Presidents have always found that it is much easier to get Americans behind a NASA budget than a war budget. Does that mean we never went to the Moon? Who knows, but what is fact is EVERY PRESIDENT since Kennedy has announce big goals for NASA before or just after a new conflict/war begins.

Kennedy announces that America will put men on the Moon September 12, 1962. Vietnam troops escalate (from officially 0 when the speech was made) to 23,000 in 1963.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietna...961%E2%80%9363

George HW Bush announces Manned Mission to Mars May 12, 1990. The First Gulf War began in August of the same year.
    BUSH SETS TARGET FOR MARS LANDING - The New York Times
    https://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/12/u...s-landing.html

George W Bush announces a new mission to Moon AND Mars January 14, 2004. The Invasion of Iraq happened in March of 2003, nine months earlier.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...e04-moon_01-14

Barak Obama announces Men on Mars October 11, 2016 (T minus 29 days before Hillary was supposed to win)
    https://www.space.com/34351-obama-sa...e-to-mars.html

Richard M. Nixon fulfills Kennedy's promise of Man on Moon, then in 1972 re-election he campaigns on getting out of Vietnam which was also the year of the last Apollo mission
    http://www.planetary.org/blogs/guest...nged-nasa.html

Ronald Wilson Reagan sought funds for the new Stars Wars project. We now know this was a complete hoax played expertly on the Soviets and the taxpayers
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...23-1983-236259
    https://www.nytimes.com/1988/01/16/u...-for-nasa.html

Look at the chart at the bottom of this link and it will show absolutely NO decrease in spending in NASA since we ended the shuttle program in 2011. In fact it increased by $3,000,000,000 . Where is that money going?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...g-space-travel

Answer: War is expensive and NASA budgets are rarely questioned by US citizens. MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 03-27-2019 at 10:20 AM. Reason: to correct a dollar amount
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post

Back then-the entire country was "all in" on the space race with the Russians- also they weren't strangled with overbearing regulations, OSHA and the environmental whack jobs suing to stop everything- full speed ahead in all phases.
    It's similar to the construction of the original Cooper River bridge in Charleston- built off barges in 18 months.

I am old enough to remember the moon missions. They were all that were on the 3 channels of television that we had to choose from back in the stone age.

Did we go? I have a cousin who drove the shuttle and lived on the ISS. He would love to call you a moron if you doubt it, and he is eat up with the smarts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Back then-the entire country was "all in" on the space race with the Russians- also they weren't strangled with overbearing regulations, OSHA and the environmental whack jobs suing to stop everything- full speed ahead in all phases.
    It's similar to the construction of the original Cooper River bridge in Charleston- built off barges in 18 months.
    Amen. There is a fucked up interchange NCDOT tried to build before the big Horse deal in Tryon last year. Went by it yesterday and the fucker was still red clay dirt. They built I-26 from Columbia to Charleston out of the woods in less time...

Buzz Aldrin is pretty certain we didn’t go to the moon.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Buzz Aldrin is pretty certain we didn’t go to the moon.
    Well, Buzz Lightyear went to infinity...and beyond!
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Buzz is an interesting cat, that is for sure. Just not sure that he isn't more interested in keeping himself relevant today than he is in facts...

Buzz Aldrin was too drunk to remember going to the moon.

Colonel Sanders was too drunk to taste his own chicken
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

not sure why I am even asking this.....

but what do the conspiracy theorists say? I dont follow nonsense like that so I easily voted "yes" we landed on the moon. What's the stance from the other side?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Flat earth? Who knows what these whackadoos are thinking these days. How many steps away from "Moon landing was a hoax" to freedicking down at the 7-11?

Hey now, don’t be knock free dicking at the 7-11 until you’ve tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    not sure why I am even asking this.....

but what do the conspiracy theorists say? I dont follow nonsense like that so I easily voted "yes" we landed on the moon. What's the stance from the other side?
    Go read my thread. I did not focus on the "how" but more the "why." To me, the how is far less complicated to fake than people make. I think it is fun to discuss, but at the end of the day, only 12 people know for sure if we walked on the moon. I know it will dick up your YouTube algorithym if you start watching those videos. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero