Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why did High Tide fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    You won’t. Look em up on FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can’t seem to find a link or a page but there is a guy in Conway, I think, with the Coastal mold. He’s building them as racing type boats

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I can’t seem to find a link or a page but there is a guy in Conway, I think, with the Coastal mold. He’s building them as racing type boats

Are you talking about the guy in Conway that has the old bug buster style molds?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Are you talking about the guy in Conway that has the old bug buster style molds?
    I very well may be. I just glanced at a picture the other day. He’s making some pretty boats

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

You can't beat a High Tide.

I bought a 1503 brand new and put a 40 merc on it. Dang good riding boat. I was always scared of a glass boat in sparkleberry though that Id put a cypress stump through the bottom. If mine hadn't had the cut transom I prob would still have it, it would scoot, but if you stopped too fast you would sink it with that big ass merc on the back
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

boy she was pretty

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I very well may be. I just glanced at a picture the other day. He’s making some pretty boats

I think that is the 'Waccamaw Special' or something like that. He was at the 108 mile race in Batesville last year. you can find him on FB.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    I bought a 1503 brand new and put a 40 merc on it. Dang good riding boat. I was always scared of a glass boat in sparkleberry though that Id put a cypress stump through the bottom. If mine hadn't had the cut transom I prob would still have it, it would scoot, but if you stopped too fast you would sink it with that big ass merc on the back
    She was hotter than a 2 dollar pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I think that is the 'Waccamaw Special' or something like that. He was at the 108 mile race in Batesville last year. you can find him on FB.
    I think your correct, it's Atlantic Boat Works LLC. Looks like the guy is right off hwy 90 and it basically looks like a bug buster copy to me. Nice little boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I think your correct, it's Atlantic Boat Works LLC. Looks like the guy is right off hwy 90 and it basically looks like a bug buster copy to me. Nice little boats.
    That’s definitely who I am talking about. They are definitely sweet looking little boats

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Never understood the mud motor craze...sure you could cut me off crossing the Bootfield but I would catch you by the next turn of the river...just a noisy fad much like silly ass glasspacks on the back of a GM square body in the 80's
    Mudmotor boats have their place. I have taken my high tide into sparkleberry when the water is high, but I don't like it at all. It sucks almost as bad as running my mudboat for long stretches on the river. There is no perfect boat for everything - not even in the jon boat world.

Hi Tide is a great product with a damn good reputation. IMO, the issue is the people that are/were running the business. I bought my 1602SC Mi Tide new in 2017. Has no coast guard capacity plate. Called Mi Tide, they said they'd send it, never got it. Absolutely love the boat. Customer service not so much.

If the right guy gets behind the wheel, game over. Gold mine IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    Hi Tide is a great product with a damn good reputation. IMO, the issue is the people that are/were running the business. I bought my 1602SC Mi Tide new in 2017. Has no coast guard capacity plate. Called Mi Tide, they said they'd send it, never got it. Absolutely love the boat. Customer service not so much.

If the right guy gets behind the wheel, game over. Gold mine IMO.
    That is just one of many many customer service complaints I have heard.

Dad's 1503 had a 70 on it and would flat out roll. Caught a ton of shrimp in it and even took it out to the 60 a few times.

Nice rig. Bet she will roll
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    This one has belonged to 4 different members of this site and I’m willing to bet the other 3 still wish they had it (even though one of them knows he can come by and hook up to it any time he wants to)....

great little boat. especially w a yamaha.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I bought one of the last 5 that mike made... I believe it was in 2010
    High Tide went out of business because Mike, the owner, was getting older and ready to retire. His kids were not really interested in carrying it forward. I do not remember the exact year High Tide stopped making boats. Then a woman from Murrells Inlet bought the molds and business for her son and they started Mi Tide. And have since managed to run the company in the ground due to piss poor customer service, mediocre (at best) boat building abilities and a lack of good help due to the owners son being a spoiled rotten brat. It’s really a sad state of affairs for such a icon in the Georgetown area. There’s not a boat dealer in the area that will deal with Mi Tide and I’ve heard talk of Mike, the previous owner, trying to buy the molds back and finding someone to properly run the business under the High Tide name.

That said I have a 95 1503 that I have owned since I was 18 and it has a blown motor. It kills me not having that boat to ride in every day.

It's always High Tide in the High Tide

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Great boats. I think BigBrother's rig is one of my favorite boats ever.
    He and I took it about 30 miles offshore bottom fishing once......