Thread: War Eagle Motor Height Question

Default War Eagle Motor Height Question

542 War Eagle with a 25 Short Shaft Yamaha 4 Stroke on it.

12 Pitch Stainless Power Tech Prop.

I do not have a tach which I am sure some of you will ask, but I figured enough people have this setup to offer opinions. Usually, with me my wife and my son we can cruise with no issue at all. Jumps up quick, has great speed, etc......wife sits in the front and son by me. He's only 50 pounds though.

If I put a buddy in the boat (200lbs) and we both sit in the back, I can have a hard time planing. Adjusting the trim position on the motor will help just a little, but not much. I feel like I should have no issue with two grown adults with this setup. I looked at motor height a few days ago and see the motor sits just a little lower than I think it should. I can go up a set of holes, but it will put the clamps on the inside of the transom into that rib on the top of the transom. I don't know that it can go higher??

Anyone else with a similar setup that can offer an opinion on motor height, prop pitch and what trim position you run in?

IMO. Motor is low. Try raising the whole motor up to the other bolt hole. You are welcome
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Listen to doc. Raise her up.

Yeah man, raise. Myself, Tot, Bubba, an assload of decoys, guns and all the other shit that goes along with it ride in a 1542 duracraft with a 25 Yamaha on it and it jumps right up on plane then hauls ass.....a lot of ass

Ok, thanks.

I think I will start with one bolt hole and see what happens. Otherwise, I am drilling new holes. I guess it’s ok if the little clamps are sitting on the transom cap instead of on the lower part?

Beef up the transom cap if it come to that.

That motor is low, but moving an adult from the front to the back drastically changes cog...... you will still probably need a little weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

On my 1542 my 40 Yamaha 4 stroke is bolted higher for that reason.

How about letting us know how it works out moving it up to the bolt hole.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"