Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would yall do?

Default What would yall do?

What would yall recommend to bag this gobbler?He chases only one hen all day long and he doesnt respond to any calling or decoys.The scenario I've faced for the past 2 days were that he follows this hen to the end of the earth gobblin once she gets out of range from him but she stays quiet.He would strut 40yds out from the decoys(1 hen and a jake) but wont come closer and just move back and forth then just walks off after the hen again.The hen comes to the decoys though.

Shoot TSS, duh

Shoot him with 10G TSS at 80 yds.

When in doubt, TSS
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 03-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

After day 3 shoot him off the limb.

Have you tried setting up in front of the decoys? Tied a line to the decoy and made it have motion?

Bushwhack him

I try to lure the bird as close as I can get to him...makes it more of a challenge.Ive been chasing this same bird for the past year and hes been stuck with this same hen.I dont have any other turkeys that frequent the area...I'm mainly trafficking this pair.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 03-21-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Do they roost right close together? Had a pair a few years ago that would roost about 100-150 yards apart. They did exactly what you are describing. After about a week i cut being nice and went in about an hour before daylight and got between them and purposely spooked her off the roost in the other direction. The rest was a cake walk. I did a little fly down kackle and he pitched down and strutted to his death at about 12 yards. Wasnt my best bird by far but i refused to let him win.

Kill him before he passes on those jeans

Go fishing

If you've hunted the same turkey for two seasons than you've made this way too difficult. It's not that complicated, shoot him off the limb, bushwhack him or kill him out of a drainage ditch. Whatever it takes.

Put the decoys about 50 yards away from you opposite the the direction he is coming from. Shoot him in the face. I had a gobbler do that to me several years ago. He was roosting in the back of a dip in a big field. Dip was about 80 yards across. For 3 mornings in a row he would leave the roost and slip down the opposite side shirting the decoys out of range. The 4th morning I put the decoys out as usual but I sat on the other the opposite tree line. I shot him at 5 yards.
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 03-21-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Go fishing
    I did that afterwards because he strutted for 3 mins straight then walked away 200yds towards the hen strutting the whole way there.

That hen will go to nest at some point. Just sayin’

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Do they roost right close together? Had a pair a few years ago that would roost about 100-150 yards apart. They did exactly what you are describing. After about a week i cut being nice and went in about an hour before daylight and got between them and purposely spooked her off the roost in the other direction. The rest was a cake walk. I did a little fly down kackle and he pitched down and strutted to his death at about 12 yards. Wasnt my best bird by far but i refused to let him win.
    I cant tell,they roost on the neighbors property and just walk through but I'm going to try sitting on the opposite of the decoys like everybody says to...I'm not a damn turkey whisperer haha.
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 03-21-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Only traffing this pair aka the Only ones in area?

Shoot him so you won’t have any, and then ya complain about not having turkeys. Sounds like a great conservation plan.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 03-21-2019 at 08:29 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Go find another turkey.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

this bird might be a good one to try that "fanning" or "reaping" approach on, if he is seemingly locked down with the same hen 24/7.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Pour out a bag of big turkey corn
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid