Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's under your house?

fuck those nope ropes

was under house a few years ago and seen what looked like a fresh shed.....laying on on back, trying to adjust a vent, i felt something cold run up the side of my neck....scared this shit out of me and i knocked myself out on the floor joist....came to a few mins later and the dog was just looking at me....he looked like he was sorry

tailgating before a race, i got some chairs out and commenced to drinking and shooting the shit....felt something tickle my neck so brushed it off and itched the area.....few mins later, i feel something again....i stand up and shake my shirt out.....f'n black widow falls to the ground.....guess it'd hunkered up in a chair and i disturbed it.....don't know how i didn't get bit, but i was paranoid for the rest of the day when i'd feel a breeze....of course the fuckers with me would drag a piece of grass of something on my neck the rest of the day for a quick chuckle too

I always worried about snakes when going in crawl spaces until the day I was in an 18” tall crawl turned a corner and came face to face with a coon.

Once witnessed a half rotten snake make a hulking of a black man become a puss under a crawspace once. I guess I shouldn't have pointed it out and just kept laying the plastic like daddy told us to.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    At least it wasn't 45 of these..

Or worse, a pair of these...

Funny you should post that. It reminded me of this article from a few years ago about the couple in Laurens who built their retirement home on the site of an old sawmill. Well it was actually more years ago than I thought. It was in 2000, that's what happens when you get old. Hell 1980 seems like just a few months ago to me. I'm surprised I remembered this for 19 years.

Black widow spider infestation drives Laurens couple from dream home

Gaines and B.J. Scott had dreamed for years of building their own home, complete with horses and land where their grandchildren could play.

Five years ago, Scott started building that dream home himself on the site of an old sawmill plant off State 221 just outside the city of Laurens. But what began as a dream has turned into a nightmare seemingly straight out of the mind of Stephen King. Black widow spiders invaded the home, and the couple found them as they moved into parts of the house as they were built. ″We’d wake up in the middle of the night feeling something crawling on us, throw back the covers and there would be spiders in the bed,″ Scott said. ″There are some holes in the ceiling where light fixtures go that the spiders would drop out of.″ Scott said he has tried everything he can think of to get rid of the poisonous guests. He hired exterminators, but they told him there was no way to get access to all the places where the spiders seem to be. The home, which Scott said was appraised at $350,000, sits almost completed and abandoned. It’s a 5,000-square-foot home with six bedrooms, four baths with whirlpool tubs, five fireplaces and four living spaces. Horses graze freely nearby in the grass. Scott hired a plumber to run some pipes through the house. ″He went up there, came back out and refused the work,″ Scott said. ″He said he saw literally hundreds of black widow spiders and refused to do the work.″ Scott and his wife have moved out of the house. ″We aren’t going back in there until winter to move our stuff out,″ he said. Winter makes the spiders, which are identifiable by the red hourglass shape on their black abdomens, more sluggish, said Paul Hardy, technical director for Orkin Pest Control. ″⁣Most spiders are less active between November and March,″⁣ he said. ″⁣He must have built the home over their home where they were comfortable until then,″⁣ he said. ″⁣And since it’s inside, their natural predators, like birds, lizards and praying mantises, can’t get to them.″⁣ Hardy said he has heard of a few cases where there have been persistent problems, but they generally were in hunting and fishing cabins that were unoccupied for long periods of time. Scott said he thinks the spiders came from an old sawdust pile about 15 feet high that had been on the property for years. He spread the sawdust around to help the grass grow, he said, and built the home over some of the sawdust. Fred James, a biologist at Presbyterian College, said the spiders are native to South Carolina. ″⁣They like the warmth,″⁣ he said. They can be found around house dwellings, wood piles, stone walls and outside toilets. The females are poisonous. The males are smaller and don’t have the red mark. They are eaten by the females after mating so you don’t see many of them, he said. Scott said he has no idea what he’s going to do about the house, and is just glad that neither he nor his wife has been bitten.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Anyone looking for a 6 bedroom 5,000 sq/ft home could probably get a good deal in Laurens.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

that's a lot of $700 cowboy boots.

Yep im not moving the cable line under the house this weekend
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"