Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Pressure Switch?

Default Well Pressure Switch?

What is involved with replacing one of these things? Three times in the last eight months mine has stopped working. It has frozen in the open position. I can tap on it and it will close and everything goes back to working. However the first two times I was in the shower when it failed and tonight it failed with my son trying to wash his hands.
    I have removed the cover and visually inspected it but naturally I知 not quite sure what I知 looking for. But there was no corrosion, ants or anything that jumped out at me as a potential problem.

Well mechanics have to eat too.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Post pictures. If I remember correctly they're pretty straight forward to change out. We changed the one out at the hunt club in about ten minutes because it would stick for no reason.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Pull the cover off. Should be three wires to swap out when you put the new one back on.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

They are simple as hell to change....a caveman can do it.

You can clean the points and some are adjustable, if they aren’t making contact. To clean, lightly go over with very fine sandpaper (400). It may buy you 6 months. I’d spend 30 min and $30 to fix once. Cut power and replace...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Don’t you have to Re-pressurize the bladder tank?

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Well mechanics have to eat too.
    Its either Well Mechanics or Truck Mechanics....you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Nah but you need to match the cut on cut off setpoints to the bladder tank pressure. 2 psi below the cut on setting.

30/60 psi pressure switch has a 28psi bladder. 6 wires and most are 240V. 1/4” pipe thread on the bottom

Just Damn city boy. Just cut the power and replace.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You really should consult Turbo first.

Schneider electric now sells square d stuff if I知 not mistaken. Order it from them, match the old settings to the new switch. Take a picture of the wiring before disassembly since you won稚 be able to directly one by one switch due to having to thread the old one off vice versa for the new. Don稚 forget pipe dope/Teflon tape. Also cut the breaker off before you start messing with it.

For the guy who’s unofficial motto is “go be poor somewhere else”, you would think he would know how to call a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    For the guy who’s unofficial motto is “go be poor somewhere else”, you would think he would know how to call a plumber.
    You have me confused with Feetz, but I will take the compliment.

It's a simple fix. Go to your local hardware store, and pick one up. Install the new one, just like the old one came off.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

You need to shut off the water supply before the switch and after it if it has one. Open that drain below it to relieve the pressure. Kill the power and unwire the switch. Unscrew the pipe nipple below the switch and check it for sediment. Solids in the nipple will not let the pressure fluctuate like it should and therefore make it seem like the switch is faulty. Might not be your problem, but if you're already going to mess with the switch you might as well check it.

Keep the power hot while you're working on it, makes things more interesting.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

nipple

sorry, I just wanted to say it
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.