Thread: Need some info on metal home structure....

Default Need some info on metal home structure....

Anyone had any experience with a metal home??? Just want some first hand info pros vs cons.... Info on building them possible contractors to talk pretty much any info you could give me on these would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Insulate the heck out of it for thermal and noise. Make sure all interior partitions are 20ga or have a ton of channel to brave. Load bearing walls need to be sized and engineered for loads. Prepare to pay a good bit more fore the framing. There’s a lot that goes into LGMF that I can’t go into because it’ll take a while.

PM me what specifics you have and I’ll answer to the best of my ability, did that crap for a long time.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Insulate the heck out of it for thermal and noise. Make sure all interior partitions are 20ga or have a ton of channel to brave. Load bearing walls need to be sized and engineered for loads. Prepare to pay a good bit more fore the framing. There’s a lot that goes into LGMF that I can’t go into because it’ll take a while.

PM me what specifics you have and I’ll answer to the best of my ability, did that crap for a long time.
    Thanks bud! Sent you a PM...
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

You ain't gotta worry about bugs and such eatin the wood. If I ever had to build anything again it would not have a piece of wood in it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Call me. I’m building one as we speak. Call peak steel out of Georgia and ask for Jeremy
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Call me. I’m building one as we speak. Call peak steel out of Georgia and ask for Jeremy
    10-4 bud thanks will give you a call this week.

704-616-4997. Shoot me a text first when you’re ready and I’ll give you a shout
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    704-616-4997. Shoot me a text first when you’re ready and I’ll give you a shout
    Sounds good bud will do! Thanks