Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another pit story

Default Another pit story

The only reason to adopt a pit is to test a new load.

https://www.americanow.com/story/soc...cuing-pit-bull

Tragedy Strikes Family A Mere 22 Minutes After Rescuing This Pit Bull

A New York man rescued a pit bull from a shelter 22 minutes before it was scheduled to be put down. However, the dog ended up being euthanized anyway after it attacked the man's daughter.

Stephen*Neira, 40, of*Patchogue, New York, found the 2-year-old pit bull, Alex, Thursday on*a website for rescuing pets on "death row," The Associated Press reports.*The dog reportedly had 22 minutes to live before it was set to be put down.

Neira's*family welcomed the puppy into their home on Sunday after he passed behavioral tests, but moments after Alex entered*the home, things took a turn for the worse.

Upon entering the home, Alex attacked*Neira's*16-year-old daughter, biting into her face and throat, according to the Daily Mail.

The teen was brought to Stony Brook University Hospital, where she underwent plastic surgery to repair her lip. The girl remained in the hospital as of Monday.

The dog was tranquilized and taken to the Brookhaven animal shelter. After an agreement was reached between*Neira*and*an agency involved in the case, Alex was euthanized that day.

"It was supposed to be a beautiful, beautiful day; instead my wife can't stop crying,"*Neira*told*Newsday. "We were giving the dog a new life."

Why does the Clifton Gash dood just get charged with that petty BS? He should be on the hook for felony assault and battery and attempted manslaughter.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I'd have tranquilized that mutt alrite

Quote Originally Posted by cburns View Post
    How do people put up with this crap, bad dogs running loose in thier neighborhood, damn people

Pit stories = cops-shooting-black-folks-stories.

You can find 'em if you look, but there's a whole lot more pressing stuff going on.

Been wondering for a while how long before one of these adoption agencies are held responsible.

There should be no count down clock for pits. Move them bastards to the front of the line and give the other dogs a chance to find a home.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Why does the Clifton Gash dood just get charged with that petty BS? He should be on the hook for felony assault and battery and attempted manslaughter.
    She showed WYFF News 4 some police incident records that showed complaints made about the dogs, including calls made to authorities in March, April, July, September and November of last year.

Gash was located and cited for nuisance animal and animal running loose. He was given a summons to appear in court March 20.
    Yeah seems to have worked well the previous 5 times. Maybe the 6th one will teach him a lesson.

I saw where these psychopaths have started dressing up these shelter pittbulls in tutu's and tiaras and taking pictures to try to get them adopted. Then they will throw a caption in there like: "Poor Jasmine doggo gonna be euthanized at 12:53 if we don't find her a home. Come save her life or donate to her care here." You know children and emotionally immature females are seeing those posts and rushing to come grab them up. Then they go and bite a child's face off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post

You can find 'em if you look, but there's a whole lot more pressing stuff going on.
    Yet here you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Yet here you are.
    He can’t help it. Turkeys gonna turkey.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Yet here you are.
    Okay, pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post

Exactly my point - it's not the breed, it's the owners.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Exactly my point - it's not the breed, it's the owners.
    It may be a little of both. It is not ONLY the owners,
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I saw a guy at the gas station that had a sticker on his truck that said "Ban the deed, not the breed". He had tattoos, like a lot of them. Shocker, I know......

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    It may be a little of both. It is not ONLY the owners,
    Sorry, I really do need to explain myself. The breed is a damaged breed. It is well known that the breed is damaged and it is reinforced with almost every news cycle. EVERYONE that gets a pit bull for anything other than for its traditional and well-known uses is 100% of the problem.

Nvm. I see your previous reply.

I don't think you can restore the breed at this point. Not sure why you would want to try.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 03-21-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Its the breed and the owners, if that had been 2 beagles or 2 pretty much any other breed that got out this kind of thing most likely would not have happened. Sorry but the breed has been ruined. Sure there are probably many that are sweet loving dogs but seriously . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I saw a guy at the gas station that had a sticker on his truck that said "Ban the deed, not the breed". He had tattoos, like a lot of them. Shocker, I know......
    How many cans of Monster did he come out with?

Okay, I'm trying again...pit bulls don't buy themselves. They don't "breed" themselves. Pit bulls don't drop themselves off at a PBR (pit bull resuce) and they sure don't pick themselves up from the PBR. Pit bulls don't lay newborn babies on their backs and take and post Facebook pictures. This is all 100% human based activity.

My point is that if people didn't propagate and transact in pit bull, the breed would quietly disappear.