Thread: Palmetto 70/200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well that was a fun event. I was freezing at the start but warmed up quickly. I dont like running in the dark, but luckily not much traffic at 5am. Hwy 311 was dark, cold and quiet. Once i hit hwy 6 and you could feel the warmth from the lake, bet it was 5-10 degrees warmer there. I passed a clemson thunder kitten (overall winners) at mile 8 as he started to lose pace. Got to the Hatchery, 8.88 miles 58:01 6:32 pace. So that put us in the lead (at least for our wave of 5 am starters). Got hard to keep track after that. My next leg was #7 around 9am from some church to Witherbee ranger station, 7.24 miles. Warmed up a little but still cool and comfortable. Was able to hold even pace at 6:27 finishing at 46:42. The fast young kids eventually won and our other masters competition caught us on the last leg. Glad my legs were before noon, got a little warm out for the last few guys. All in all I had a great time and hope to do it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by swamp fox View Post
    Well that was a fun event. I was freezing at the start but warmed up quickly. I dont like running in the dark, but luckily not much traffic at 5am. Hwy 311 was dark, cold and quiet. Once i hit hwy 6 and you could feel the warmth from the lake, bet it was 5-10 degrees warmer there. I passed a clemson thunder kitten (overall winners) at mile 8 as he started to lose pace. Got to the Hatchery, 8.88 miles 58:01 6:32 pace. So that put us in the lead (at least for our wave of 5 am starters). Got hard to keep track after that. My next leg was #7 around 9am from some church to Witherbee ranger station, 7.24 miles. Warmed up a little but still cool and comfortable. Was able to hold even pace at 6:27 finishing at 46:42. The fast young kids eventually won and our other masters competition caught us on the last leg. Glad my legs were before noon, got a little warm out for the last few guys. All in all I had a great time and hope to do it again next year.
    Dang. You smoked it!