So I’ll admit I’ve never to my knowledge worn snake boots or chaps or gaiters while turkey hunting. In the past I’ve just worn lacrosse or muck boots. However as I’ve become more serious about turkey hunting and do a lot more walking, I’ve been thinking about changing footwear to something like a low or mid hiking boot. I’ve never been struck by a snake while hunting but have seen plenty and I’m sure not seen plenty. As I get older and now a first time father to be, I find my self taking less stupid risks (ie I now wear my seatbelt much more than I did). Which got me thinking about snake protection while turkey hunting, mainly walking in the dark. My main concerns are comfort (if they aren’t comfortable I won’t end up wearing them), heat, and how well they handle water or dri out. Right now my two ideas are the hiking boots and TurtleSkin gaiters or Russell turkey hunting snake boots. Right now I hunt a mixture of fields and river swamp. What do y’all use or your thoughts on the matter?