Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let me know if you have questions about planning Disney trip

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    hold it now...
    I stayed home and fished and shot clays with the boys. Wife and daughter went to Disney. I just paid for it....

win/win

granted, i have been a few times over the years with my kids. Its not my #1 vacation spot but you and your kids can darn sure have a good time.
    Well then, I take back the nice thought I had about you. Asshole.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

And soccer sucks.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

We checked that box. I'm good. My kids had fun. I like watching my kids have fun.

Planning is key. Rodney helped me understand the fast pass system and how to make the most of them. Take him up on the gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    You can have a beer at Epcot, just sayin
    I was incredibly disappointed when I learned they in the Magic Kingdom you can't just grab a beer and walk around like you can in the other parks. Apparently in MK you can only imbibe while in one of the restaurants.

We went a few weeks ago. 3rd time in 4 years. Place is kinda growing on me I reckon. I get drug there by my wife and her parents, might as well make the best of it.

I'm a Star Wars fan and since Disney owns that now I eat that up. Stoked for the new SW park opening later this year!

On a normal day, sometime shortly after lunch my FIL, son and I would just assume chill out by the pool and swim all afternoon while the girls have their fun. I get park hopper passes for everyone on the cheap thru the military Travel & Ticketing office. In-laws pay for the rooms, so it's a relatively inexpensive vacay.

If it weren't for Fastpasses I'd probably not ride anything. They make it so much more efficient.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-12-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Protip#1: Eat as many “Dole Whips” as you can.

They can be found in Adventure Land across from the jungle boat ride.

I prefer the swirled version but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    We went a few weeks ago. 3rd time in 4 years. Place is kinda growing on me I reckon. I get drug there by my wife and her parents, might as well make the best of it.

I'm a Star Wars fan and since Disney owns that now I eat that up. Stoked for the new SW park opening later this year!

On a normal day, sometime shortly after lunch my FIL, son and I would just assume chill out by the pool and swim all afternoon while the girls have their fun. I get park hopper passes for everyone on the cheap thru the military Travel & Ticketing office. In-laws pay for the rooms, so it's a relatively inexpensive vacay.

If it weren't for Fastpasses I'd probably not ride anything. They make it so much more efficient.

Booked all ours through MWR.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey Willyworm, tell me more about the discounted route through the military route.

How many rides do they not let you get on? Or are they getting softer on their height limit?

Thomas Jefferson

its the thought that counts!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Soccer might suck but 2th doesn't suck at soccer. I've seen the pic to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    How many rides do they not let you get on? Or are they getting softer on their height limit?
    I seen them turn many a little kids around for not making height. I'm talking mashing down a little girls hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Hey Willyworm, tell me more about the discounted route through the military route.
    Shades of Green can save you some coin if you can get in there. They didn't have anything available when we went.

Wilderness Campground was great. We rented one of the small cabins and got a golf cart to go to the ferry's. I told my wife every morning and evening how refreshing it was to see deer and turkeys before and after the parks each day. I also decided that if the girls were going to spend a bunch to eat with princesses, my son and i were going fishing. It was the most expensive 3 hours of fishing, but we had a blast. I had always wanted to fish those lakes since i saw Jimmy houston do it in the early 90's on espn outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Like Moose said, if it's a Navy Base they call it MWR. Chair Force calls it the ITT. Can't recall what the I stands for but the TT is for Travel and Ticketing.

You just call em up and tell them where you plan to go and when and they'll likely have some type of discounted ticket package. We get the 4 day park hopper. It's about half what the general public pays. You just order your tix, when they come in you have to go on the military base you ordered them from to pick them up. Assuming you'll be going to Disney they take that stuff super serious. They do that to prevent military people from buying tix then selling em on eBay, or whatever. You wouldn't think it'd be a problem but you'd be surprised. So the first day you go to one of the parks at the entrance you'll have to show your military ID while they do their thing to connect the dots. After that you good.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    That never gets old does it? Let's just say they let me ride all the ones my kids wanted to go on and a few more.
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-14-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Yeah we messed that up. Our majic bands didn't have much majic until we showed proof of military..
    Like Moose said, if it's a Navy Base they call it MWR. Chair Force calls it the ITT. Can't recall what the I stands for but the TT is for Travel and Ticketing.

You just call em up and tell them where you plan to go and when and they'll likely have some type of discounted ticket package. We get the 4 day park hopper. It's about half what the general public pays. You prefer you tix, when they comes in you have to go on the military base you ordered them from to pick them up. Assuming you'll be going to Disney they take the stuff super serious, so the first day you go to one of the parks at the entrance you'll have to show your military ID and while they do their thing. After that you good.

That never gets old does it? Let's just say they let me ride all the ones my kids wanted to go on and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Shades of Green can save you some coin if you can get in there. They didn't have anything available when we went.

I considered that but from all the research i did, my in-laws can't stay there and the wife was insistent we stick together. So if we stayed at SoG and the in laws were at say the Grand Floridian it would an extra layer of complexity to the logistics, meals, meeting up, etc. Plus the in laws pay for accommodations while I buy everyone's tix. So I stay where they tell me I will be staying. And I'm ok with that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-12-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We've done the Contemporary, the Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian. I like the GF best because the 3 pool setup with boat and monorail access. Wilderness Lodge was second.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Club 33.
    Shhh

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Club 33.
    Outside you are surrounded by Ohioans. Once inside, you are surrounded by Shanghaians.