Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back up led light?

Default Back up led light?

Looking for a small, adjustable, slim led light to mount on the back underneath the bed of my Polaris ranger. This light will only turn on when the ranger is in reverse. Ideal size would be 2x4”. Thoughts or ideas, not looking for cube light.
    Thanks
    Last edited by BugBuster; 03-12-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

"If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Can’t be flush mount, has to be on a bracket.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

seems overthought....can you use two of these cubes?.....would give you the ability to shift the light where you need it......a switch in the cab is going to be something you wish you'd done

or one of the many slim bars

I may end up going the route with a single small light bar to shine between the bed and the back bumper. The Polaris ranger 1000 xp 2018 and up already have a wired plug underneath the bed of the ranger that is wired in to the reverse already from the factory. It was initially put there in order to add a reverse buzze for job site type use. I have ordered the other end of the plug off of eBay for $13 and plan on adding a reverse light in place of a buzzer.

I mounted these on the roof of my gator and they work great. The roof has recesses built for aftermarket lights on each corner so that's why I put them there, but I'd think you could mount them pretty much anywhere. They are every bright and have held up well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 03-12-2019 at 10:35 AM.

tell frank to hold the damn flashlight correctly
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The person I bought my ranger from added two cheap round led lights to the roll bar facing backwards and wired to a switch. I thought about changing them to nicer (brighter) ones, but they actually put out plenty of light to see in the bed or backup and turn around. I like that they not only light up behind me but also light up the bed so I can make sure nothing falls out if I'm riding somewhere in the dark, this is why I would recommend wiring to a switch and not having them come on only in reverse. This was the only picture I had on hand but you can see the light on the right side, same thing is on the left.
    IMG_1754.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I like the water reservoir contraption.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

These cubes were pretty cheap and came from eBay. Damn bright and have held up to all the vibrations and moisture just fine.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Those are the rectangular ones on the front, the square cubes are on the back in the same place. They make the roosters start crowing when I turn em on. Bright AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Here's ya a free one!

I think you'll like 8 LED diurne conduite lumière DRL lampe de brouillard de voiture imperméable DC 12V. Add it to your wishlist!

www.wish.com/share/3775dbusrf

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

That's Yeti money right there! No need for you to go be poor somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

Those are the rectangular ones on the front, the square cubes are on the back in the same place. They make the roosters start crowing when I turn em on. Bright AF

I'm in the wrong line of bidness- need to sell grass and coolers

No shit
    More fuel = more boost!!

Damn that buggy is clean, carport princess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at the Silverado with the LBZ power plant in the background.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Look at the Silverado with the LBZ power plant in the background.
    Probably got battery charger and block heater hooked up.

It ain't what you know IT'S WHO! And I know he gets it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"