View Poll Results: Bill Should Say

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killing of tame birds only on release sights, no limits, no wild bird harvest

87 60.42%
  • Killing of release and wild birds on release sights, abiding by federal limits set

16 11.11%
  • Release sights release birds at time and date of hunt into hunt grounds.

39 27.08%
  • Status Quo

2 1.39%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Released Mallard Hunts

I just thought of a loophole to my #6.

It would be feasible to buy a piece of RSA licensed property in which you raise mallards and then train to fly to a non RSA via various already known methods.

This would be very difficult, time consuming and expensive however does constitute a loop hole.

Discuss a better option.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    I just thought of a loophole to my #6.

It would be feasible to buy a piece of RSA licensed property in which you raise mallards and then train to fly to a non RSA via various already known methods.

This would be very difficult, time consuming and expensive however does constitute a loop hole.

Discuss a better option.
    Would have to register RSA license and birds to a certain property to a license number and must be banded. Record the harvest site of birds and record the "hunters" DNR ID number to be reported at the end of each hunting season along with number of purchased birds and harvested birds. MAYBEEEE

or

Could always just make the RSA pay a fine for each birds harvested off site of the RSA permit area.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    1. To release mallards a property must be a licensed RSA. License must be on property at all times.

2. Fine for releasing without permit must have teeth ( discuss).

3. Any individual found on RSA property in possession of wild ducks to be fined per bird as over the limit.

4. All birds released must be both toe clipped and banded.

5. Number of birds released must be logged, Number of birds killed must be logged with penalty for not doing so. All birds to be killed by end of season.

6. Any RSA birds killed on any other private or public waters to not count against the hunters limits in possession of said release birds.

7 Season dates to be same.

8. I believe there is the potential to create a release amount based and regulated upon the shooters request.

9. That no tamey shoot or shooter every be allowed to be filmed or photographed and or presented in a fashion such as to attempt or suggest that the video or photos are of actual duck hunt, actual duck hunters or actual wild ducks. ( Hint this one would end it all).

I am also totally ok with dog piling those who post their tamey pictures on any form of Social Media. I am also leaning more and more towards the same for actual wild duck hunts .
    I'm totally on board with this.

I would even allow leeway on Item 7. I highly doubt item 9 would make it through.

For #4, I would support a neck banding practice. You would circumvent the complaints from tamie hunters claiming that it's unfair and they can't identify wild from tame.

I truly believe that if you eliminated the take of wild birds on these type of properties that they would quickly go away, or at the very least, get drastically reduced. That's my end goal. We won't ever eliminate it completely, too much money involved, but to take a note from our enemies "death from a thousand cuts".
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

^ If I don't get number 9 , I am out.

JK
    Genesis 9;2

How’s about not allowing the release of pen raised ducks within a 50 mile radius of waterfowl refuges?
    Or know mottled breeding areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Like.
    I see too many wardens these days that act like they deserve to hunt at a landowners place after solving a problem. You should not be owed favors for doing what you were hired to do in the first place.
    Not sure about any other part of the state but I have witnessed corrupt GWs in York County . Letting folks off charges for personal gain . That person is in a different position with DNR now.....even more concerning .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Just wanted to bump this up again. Figured we should let it run a full week.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14