Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New World Record

Default New World Record

According to the internet, a new world record has been caught in Alabama.

70 lbs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

you serious?

Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

I hope this proves out...

According to Google, the current world record is 81 lbs.

World record on a bream buster.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Haha, the person holding the tail. I feel like that represents a lot of people around here.

https://www.al.com/sports/2013/05/al...igfa_worl.html

DORA, Alabama -- James R. Bramlett of Dora, Alabama got the call he was waiting for from IGFA World Records Coordinator Jack Vitek. The call came around 2p.m. Monday May 13. Vitek told Bramlett that the monster striper he caught on February 28, 2013 in the Black Warrior River is the new IGFA world record for a landlocked striped bass.

The official IGFA (International Game Fish Association) measurements for the huge striper are: 69 pounds 9ounces, 44.1 inches long and a whopping 37.75 inch girth.

Vitek is sending the official world record certificate to James by certified mail today and he should receive it by mid-week.

The IGFA has listed Bramlett's catch on its website. The previous record was 67 pounds, 8 ounces. That record has stood since May, 1992.

The mammoth striper was caught on February 28 on the Black Warrior River near the Gorgas Steam Plant. Bramlett battled the fish for 25 minutes before landing it in front of witnesses on other boats and on the bank. A barge captain coming down river even stopped and stayed out of Bramlett's way so he could have a better chance of landing the fish.

Bramlett's wife Janice urged him to go fishing that day. She was going to be in the hospital for a procedure and knew she would need his help when she returned home. Janice has been touted as the perfect fisherman's wife in several fishing publications for urging him to fish that day.

He went to one of his favorite spots on the Black Warrior River near the Gorgas Steam Plant. He said the fish rolled on top of the water so he threw his bait in that direction. After a battle that lasted more than 20 minutes, he landed the record striped bass and immediately called his wife.

The mammoth striper smashed the Alabama State record by almost 15 pounds. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources wasted little time confirming the fish as the state record in late March.

So the world record freshwater stripper

Glad they separate the landlocked fish for record keeping. That's a different fish than swims in the salt. Watching the old man reel in a 65 lbr on the bay is still one of the highlights for me.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

2013? Or am I reading something wrong?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    2013? Or am I reading something wrong?
    bout 6 years to the date
    https://www.google.com/search?q=reco...hrome&ie=UTF-8

4.5 w/ nematodes.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

They need to test the ol' fella in the picture on the left for having the world's strongest grip. He's holding that fish with ease.

I sent Murdoch a fax about 30 years ago that I put my face on a picture just like that. I, above all, should have known better...

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    So the world record freshwater stripper
    Pretty sure she weighs about 350 and was a regular at the poker runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Haha, the person holding the tail. I feel like that represents a lot of people around here.
    Thats just Jimmy Houstons brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Let the rumors commence and the he said she said. I know the story. I know the guy holding the tail. This happened in 2013 his name to me was simply "peepaw". Without a doubt this fish couldn't have happened to a nicer Tupperware

All I know is I hope one like that hits my cutbait in the river this spring. That motha would feel good on the end of my 6500 catfish special!

i heard kayak caught that one
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.