Thread: Need recommendations on electric smoker

Default Need recommendations on electric smoker

Last fall my trust old Masterbuilt Electric smoker bit the dust

Looking to replace it sometime this spring

I had no issues with the MES and like the electric due to not having to baby sit it

Was a Lowes this am and the Pit Boss pellet smoker (regardless of brand I want a vertical since I make venison summer sausage several times a year ) Like the looks of it but read some not so great reviews most pertaining to the display going out (other than that folks seem to really like them )

I like the idea of a pellet smoker but have never used one. Also like that the PitBoss can go up to 450 degrees (my old MES would only go to 275).. Not sure if I would ever need that high of temp but be a nice option

Like to stay in the $300-500 range

and I am sure folks will post for BGE and other types but have a great Weber Nat gas grill and a Weber kettle when i want to grill over wood/charcoal (we use the gas grill probably average of 3 times a week year round )

Make sure you get an orange one with the national championship logo on it
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I've got the pit boss 340 pellet smoker and love it. It's not vertical but it does what I need it to, make sure the hopper is full and walk away from it. I think they are putting 5 year warranties on all of their products and stand behind them. Had to replace a temperature probe in mine and they covered it under warranty. Had it to me in a few days. Great customer service, would recommend Pit Boss.

dive into the online reviews. they are your go-to. in no way should you disbelieve anything anyone says on the review forums. any evidence you get from scduckers will be anecdotal, at best. go to www.pelletsmokeronlinereviewsforreal.com and just read and read and read the drivel people put out there. dont think for a minute that the good reviews come from the manufacturers or the bad reviews from homeless children. they are all real and worth reading.

hope this helps
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.