Thread: Every now and then

Default Every now and then

This dick head looks half decent. Wife caught this picture of him today. Would be a lot cooler if some pheasant or ducks were hanging off the stack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Good picture of the bearded mutt.

People that have never hunted with a really good Wirehair don't have a clue how great of a dog they can be. I miss my last one named GRITS (German Raised In The South) on every hunt these past two years. I do plan on getting another soon. I never did much training other than taking them hunting and people that were asking what the hell kind of dog he was before the hunt would ask where they could get one after the hunt. That is a good looking dog you have.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster13 View Post
    People that have never hunted with a really good Wirehair don't have a clue how great of a dog they can be. I miss my last one named GRITS (German Raised In The South) on every hunt these past two years. I do plan on getting another soon. I never did much training other than taking them hunting and people that were asking what the hell kind of dog he was before the hunt would ask where they could get one after the hunt. That is a good looking dog you have.
    Ive been blessed with this dog. Some days he drives me insane but he hunts every hunt likes it his last. Hardly any training, besides obedience. His only flaw is he likes to whine while duck hunting, but the second i pick up the call or he sees birds he starts shaking and focuses hard.

I took him on a pheasant hunt in Illinois, some guy said who would bring a mutt pheasant hunting, i asked what he said, he said a mutt labradoodle doesnt belong in a field. After my quick 30 minute limit i asked if his setters needed a break so my mutt could teach them to hunt. He never made a peep anytime he saw me at the check in, and he even hunted over him once. Last i talked to him he was in search of one.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Turn around bright eyes...

Post title made me think of that song. Great looking dog and tractor!

Good looking dog
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Good looking pup.

Should be getting our second GWP in May. I can't wait to have a long haired pup around the house again. I've missed ours since we had to say good bye last summer. They are special.

My boy will be 4 in May. Im glad he is older as he has calmed down to about what i imagine a squirrel on crack is like. I dread the day that he gets old and cant hunt anymore..

Great looking dog.

Great shot.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Handsome dog.
    Thought mine was the only one nick-named dick head
    Board Member
    Cherokee Foothills Hunting Retriever Club

Dick head is what he is called on good days. Bad days are a whole nother list of words.