Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KRT and others opinions 2017 3.5 ecoboost

Default KRT and others opinions 2017 3.5 ecoboost

Wife wants an Expedition to haul all the grandkids- they all won't fit in her crew cab. Looking at a 2017 Expedition Limited EL 4x4 with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Opinions good and bad are appreciated. She won't buy new or a GM.

Get the extended warranty

Sequoia.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Sequoia.
    I will second this.....Have a late model Limited for the wife and it is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. The room and comfort of it is unreal

ETA:. I understand you did not ask about the Sequoias...had an Expedition EL as a rental vehicle when I had to go to Destin for business last year and took the family. Had the Ecoboost engine ans I assume a 10 speed transmission and it was absolute garbage. Couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in and it took a second for it to decide to go anywhere. I complained about that truck so much that the wife even said something to the effect of how she can't wait to get home so she didn't have to do hear me fuss about it anymore.

Kinda feel like Toof there for a minute with all the negativity and was worried....but then I started smiling because I remember I don't play soccer.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.

the right answer is:

KRT
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

All the bad comments on previous threads and I’m waiting for mine to blow up but knock on wood it’s going strong at 65k. Lost a little gas mileage but KRT is gonna clean her up which should take care of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offleaseonly.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I have one in a 2013 f150 and all I can say is I will never own another eco boost. I may be done with fords all together but It would have a 5.0 if I bought one.

Last 365 I have put $3k in my engine.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 03-05-2019 at 05:48 PM.

All that weight? I would want something more than a V6 pushing it around.

I enjoy my 3.5, but it ain't that heavy.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I will second this.....Have a late model Limited for the wife and it is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. The room and comfort of it is unreal

ETA:. I understand you did not ask about the Sequoias...had an Expedition EL as a rental vehicle when I had to go to Destin for business last year and took the family. Had the Ecoboost engine ans I assume a 10 speed transmission and it was absolute garbage. Couldn't figure out what gear it wanted to be in and it took a second for it to decide to go anywhere. I complained about that truck so much that the wife even said something to the effect of how she can't wait to get home so she didn't have to do hear me fuss about it anymore.

Kinda feel like Toof there for a minute with all the negativity and was worried....but then I started smiling because I remember I don't play soccer.
    Or find a 3-4yo Series 200 Land Cruiser and drive it forever. Ride is unmatched by any other SUV.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

She only drives 6k/year- she will be tired of it before it gets worn- she has only put 60,000 miles on her F150 lariat in the last 10 years out but needs seating for 7 and luggage

What trim level in a Yota would be equal to a lariat- wants leather and navigation, 4x4 and towing, back up camera, power seats and 3rd row

Limited in a Toyota in the suvs. Not sure about the trucks but I think it’s the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    What trim level in a Yota would be equal to a lariat- wants leather and navigation, 4x4 and towing, back up camera, power seats and 3rd row
    Limited or Platinum will have you covered.
    I misspoke earlier....wife's ride is a Platinum which I believe is just the way the interior is finished.

Has way more buttons on it that I/she needs but the sonar is a nice function for her and the cool blow in the seats is awesome for the nutsack in the summertime.

In a Sequioa find a Platinum. The rear suspension is coil overs, not leaf springs and rides closer to a LC. In a LC, it’s one trim with a few other options. She won’t get tired of a LC and they seat 8.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I had an expedition max with the eco boost when i went out of town for work in October and that thing was the cats ass. 4 of us and all the tech rescue gear we needed piled in the back and still plenty of room. Comparable size to a suburban in the MAX model. Probably the nicest ride I've ever been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    In a Sequioa find a Platinum. The rear suspension is coil overs, not leaf springs and rides closer to a LC. In a LC, it’s one trim with a few other options. She won’t get tired of a LC and they seat 8.
    Thanks- now the hunt is on

The sequoia is mostly unchanged for the past 11 years. 18’ brought newer instrument cluster and led lights along with the safety sense.

Wife has an 18’ platinum. Only real complaint is the stereo/head unit is pitiful for a vehicle costing this much. Other than that I love it. I kinda prefer the interior compared to the 14’ up tundra interior which the sequoia is based on. Plenty of haul ass in the naturally aspirated 5.7 with no turbos or cylinder deactivation.

Tank size is a love hate. If it was bigger it would just cost more to fill. Before gas came down, the 38 gallon one on my tundra was making me run my card twice due to the $75 limit on most pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Well there we go...that explains why I am so impressed with the ride of the Seqouia...

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    The sequoia is mostly unchanged for the past 11 years. 18’ brought newer instrument cluster and led lights along with the safety sense.

Wife has an 18’ platinum. Only real complaint is the stereo/head unit is pitiful for a vehicle costing this much. Other than that I love it. I kinda prefer the interior compared to the 14’ up tundra interior which the sequoia is based on. Plenty of haul ass in the naturally aspirated 5.7 with no turbos or cylinder deactivation.

Tank size is a love hate. If it was bigger it would just cost more to fill. Before gas came down, the 38 gallon one on my tundra was making me run my card twice due to the $75 limit on most pumps.
    Those are my only complaints as well...stereo, while impressive sounding with JBL separates, is very outdated to only be a year old.

And the tank size doesn't allow but about 350-375 miles per tank.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-05-2019 at 07:56 PM.