Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KRT and others opinions 2017 3.5 ecoboost

Bad Habit, get momma what she wants! They all have problems and I happen to know a guy when or if she has one.
    More fuel = more boost!!

She can have anything she wants, she chose the F150SC Lariat and her Bronco before that- she really wants a F250 crew cab with a deleted 6.7 diesel after driving the one you deleted and tuned for me, but she wants to be able to tote our bus load of grandkids and pull the boat. It's a good thing being married to a farmers redneck daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Or find a 3-4yo Series 200 Land Cruiser and drive it forever. Ride is unmatched by any other SUV.
    I picked up a 60 series LC a few days ago. Too good of a deal to pass up. I have that, an FJ40, and a 100 series now. Going to talk the wife into a 200 once she gets tired of her current vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I picked up a 60 series LC a few days ago. Too good of a deal to pass up. I have that, an FJ40, and a 100 series now. Going to talk the wife into a 200 once she gets tired of her current vehicle.
    300 is due out soon. Rumors are it’ll be smaller with a turbo charged inline 6 but you never know with Toyota.

Post pics of the 60.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

X2 on the pics of the 60. I've had a 40, and 80, and I have an '06 100 which I kept to be my son's first truck. Driving an F150 now, but would love to buy another Land Cruiser if they come out with something smaller than the 200.

C11F2FE8-5DFB-4585-95AB-BC85E00ACE2F.jpg

It has rust since it's been in the mountains it's whole life. One owner until I bought it. Wasn't even in the market for one, but I had been eyeing it for a while. Stopped, made an offer low enough that I would regret it if I didn't buy it, and they took it.

Runs well, interior is in better than average shape. Won't complain at all for the price I got it at.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 03-06-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I'd love to buy a 300 when they come out ... I won't be able to make myself spend $80k+ on a vehicle though. I'd probably go with a 200, wait a few years, find a 300 when the prices have made it down into the $30k - $40k range.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 03-06-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'd love to buy a 300 when they come out ... I won't be able to make myself spend $80k+ on a vehicle though. I'd probably go with a 200, wait a few years, find a 300 when the prices have made it down into the $30k - $40k range.
    That’s how you buy a LC, wait a few years. Toyota doesn’t change them much in a series. Heck my ‘99 isn’t a whole lot different than my ‘05 was.

I like the size of the 200, it’s not much smaller than the Sequoia and is a tank, but dang it’s like riding on a cloud.

I’ll give you $50.00 whole dollars more for that 60 than you paid.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 03-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I still kick myself for selling my 80.

Screenshot_20180112-104257.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I still kick myself for selling my 80.

Screenshot_20180112-104257.jpg
    You got a lift kit on that one?

That’s how you buy a LC, wait a few years. Toyota doesn’t change them much in a series. Heck my ‘99 isn’t a whole lot different than my ‘05 was.

I like the size of the 200, it’s not much smaller than the Sequoia and is a tank, but dang it’s like riding on a cloud.

I’ll give you $50.00 whole dollars more for that 60 than you paid.

Don’t think I’ll be able to sell this one ... my 6 year old has already claimed it.

I have a ‘16 ******* Navigator with the 3.5 and absolutely love it. Drop the hammer and it gets with the program now. Very comfortable with the 2nd row captains chairs and the 3rd row power flip up seat. I also have a ‘12 Expedition with the 5.4 that I use as my tow vehicle, 2nd row bench makes the 3rd row useless as passengers have to climb over the second row to get to the seats. Stupid design if you have a bunch of kids, make sure 2nd row is captains chairs.

To add, opt for shift on the fly suspension if it’s an option. It’s nice to be able to go from the ride feeling like an old caddy to a sports car just using your thumb on the steering wheel.

Have not towed with it but have no doubt it would snatch a boat out of the water if pressed into service. The auto sense 4x4 is a nice option as well.

You got a lift kit on that one?
    I did. 2.5 Heavy OME in the front and 2.5 Medium on the rear. Those tires are 35s, and didn't rub. Some 16 year old is bombing around IOP in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    She can have anything she wants, she chose the F150SC Lariat and her Bronco before that- she really wants a F250 crew cab with a deleted 6.7 diesel after driving the one you deleted and tuned for me, but she wants to be able to tote our bus load of grandkids and pull the boat. It's a good thing being married to a farmers redneck daughter.
    I have a crew cab 6.7 but it’s not deleted. We can delete it before she takes delivery.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I have a crew cab 6.7 but it’s not deleted. We can delete it before she takes delivery.
    has to seat 7 minimum

Send it to Diesel Dave and Heavy D, they can stretch it!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

If you get an expedition get an 18. The change was a significant upgrade. TRhey finally caught up with the f150 in 2018. Wife has the limited el and it is a big upgrade. I wasn’t a fan of the expeditions before this and we had a 15. We were looking at gmc suv before we checked it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    What trim level in a Yota would be equal to a lariat- wants leather and navigation, 4x4 and towing, back up camera, power seats and 3rd row
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Limited or Platinum will have you covered.
    I misspoke earlier....wife's ride is a Platinum which I believe is just the way the interior is finished.

Has way more buttons on it that I/she needs but the sonar is a nice function for her and the cool blow in the seats is awesome for the nutsack in the summertime.
    You can get all that shit in an SR5 too. My wife wanted all that shit and we were looking at limiteds and platinums but could. It find one without rear buckets til I found a SR5 with all the limited options for almost $10k less. Only thing missing from a platinum is cooled seats and the rear buckets. My sole gripe about a Sequoia is the gas tank size but I would still say that if it had a 50 gal tank.
    cut\'em

Wife’s 2012 Sequoia just roll 100k last week. No problems to speak of. I change the oil(the skid plate can be a pain), filters, & have had to do both the front & rear brakes a few times. Great car & will haul ass