Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Garden Thread

Corn sat for 3 weeks before it sprouted. Didn't get a significant rain for a couple weeks after planting and the cool snap and all. Expected a lot of skips but last weeks rains and warmth kicked all of it up from what I can tell. Around 6-8" tall now. To wet to get back in there to plant further.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

what variety corn, Spur?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Finally dry enough to get back out there this week. Tilled the balance, laid off more rows and planted bush beans, okra, zuchs, squash, 3 types of cantaloupe, peppers, cucumbers and 2 doz tomatoes. No skips in corn, around 12" now. Double dose of hen bit and purslane to deal with this year. Thinking of buying a propane torch for it.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Been giving away lettuce and snow peas. Got taters to pull soon
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Winter stays long this high. March is a green, muddy month down below. Some folks like it. Farmers mostly.

I planted the snow peas on February 8 and the lettuce and taters on February 26
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I missed with the Jeremiah Johnson quote.

Thats actually a Chris Lapp quote..

Movie quote but thanks

And we got 1 1/4” of rain yesterday in 30 mins or so. Didn’t see any seeds exposed afterward but my rows sure took a beating and washing.