Thread: Lowcountry Dogs

Default Lowcountry Dogs

I’ve been on this site long enough to know this is a dead horse I’m beating but I can’t seem to find the original post. So someone point me in the direction of a good hot dog in or around the Yemassee area. I’ve eaten Hardee’s, Wendy’s at point south, Fletchers, Subway and sandwiches at the house till I’m blue in the face. Where in the world can a man get a gourmet gas station dog in these parts??? Bear in mind I’m used to Coopers Store quality lunches....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Grocery store has tons of em.

Berts on Folly Beach. Used to eat 3-4 of those suckers at 2AM on Friday/Sat nights back in college.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Can’t speak for dogs but Breland’s Country store on Lowcountry Highway isn’t bad. About 15 miles from Yemassee
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Lane's BP at exit 38 did have a good one years ago, don't know about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Berts on Folly Beach. Used to eat 3-4 of those suckers at 2AM on Friday/Sat nights back in college.
    My man

Take 462 to old house. Eat at coolers.

Surprised Harold’s doesn’t have what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett80 View Post
    Take 462 to old house. Eat at coolers.

Surprised Harold’s doesn’t have what you want.
    They do in the afternoon Thursday-Saturday....weird part of the world in that regard. I used to be able to go to Coopers, Santee Grocery, Trio, Seaboard, etc all within 15mins of where I worked. Hell even in my short stint in Kershaw country finding a good meat and three or gas station hot dog was easy. Hell in Georgetown you’ve got the infamous Ice House, Francis Marion, Plantersville General Store. Seems odd to me to not have a place like those in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Peckers n lips is peckers n lips, no matter who heats em up for ya.