Thread: Past or present men in the military

Default Past or present men in the military

If you were overseas and chewed tobacco how did you get it? My brother evidently cant get any and wanted me to ship some to him. Seems like every UPS, FEDEX or USPS office has told me they won’t ship it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Is he in the military? Just ship it. USPS won't know either way. We used to send a buddy liquor in listerine bottles.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Yes, military. My GF is actually doing the shipping, she told me those places wouldn’t ship w/o a tobacco license. I don’t doubt that she’s going in there saying “yeah i wanna ship this tobacco overseas.”
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Yea, just tell her to try again. Stuff some candies/gum and baby wipes in there and tell her that.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I can put money on where he is, does the country start with a Q? Just ship other stuff in the box. On the apo form dont put tobacco. Put toiletries or whatever. Also ship a whole log/roll, dont ship individual cans. The country im in now i can buy it, so i can ship him some also if need be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

It was done routinely 30 years ago when I was a marine. I got a stateside 10-can roll every two weeks. My buddy's wife even mailed via USPS a fifth of hennesy every month. And we were on deployment.

I've shipped some to dc727 and never had a problem. Must be where he is. But I also live in a small town with only about 100 PO boxes and one person behind the counter that doesn't ask questions.

it's terrible leaving your dipping habits up to strangers, and expecting good taste.. I found out I did not like Hawkins or faggy flavors of skoal during my brief stint in Ecuador.

I know how he feels. I’m currently in the country that starts with a Q and it’s hard as hell to get tobacco here. Some people have had dip sent but customs will sometimes open the package and confiscate it and leave a nice letter saying they took it. It’s a hit or miss kind of thing if it gets taken or not

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinacrazy View Post
    I know how he feels. I’m currently in the country that starts with a Q and it’s hard as hell to get tobacco here. Some people have had dip sent but customs will sometimes open the package and confiscate it and leave a nice letter saying they took it. It’s a hit or miss kind of thing if it gets taken or not
    Just pm'd you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    it's terrible leaving your dipping habits up to strangers, and expecting good taste.. I found out I did not like Hawkins or faggy flavors of skoal during my brief stint in Ecuador.
    They were just being mean to you.

Someone sent me snus one time. Snus.

When I was in Iraq and the stan my dad would drop 6 or 7 logs in the flat rate boxes and send it to me. No one ever asked what he was sending.