Thread: 8/25 Buck #2

Default 8/25 Buck #2

82DF096F-E6E8-4484-B956-2A5CD9488745.jpg82DF067E-89FC-40C2-877C-006694FCB865.jpg

This buck was with the one I killed last week and I actually thought he was younger than he was until I saw him this evening. He walked up directly down wind and stood at 5 yards for a few minutes before circling through the thicket and stepped out in the foodplot at about 28 yards. He turned a chip shot into a colossal screw up. What was an easy slightly quartering away shot went south when he ducked and rolled at the shot. I hit him high in the shoulder and it exited halfway up his neck, the exit was higher than the entrance and I was 20 feet up so he rolled a lot. Well he was pumping blood for at least 300 yards before I jumped him from his bed and unfortunately had to finish him with a pistol. I hate when an animal has to suffer and be finished off after a long track job but I guess it was bound to happen eventually. Needless to say that 300+ yard drag sucked even with the help of my brother in law, but the 2019 season is off to a good start.

Good looking buck

Good kill.

Good bow kill there

Good stuff. Way to stay after him.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

You are on a roll. Well done. Was wondering about that hole in his neck when I saw the pic without the story. We've all had easy shots go bad- glad you found him.
    Carolina Counsel