Thread: Lowcountry Boats

Default Lowcountry Boats

Anyone have any input on Lowcountry Boats? Are they worth it or should I steer clear? Looking to pair with a gtr 37. Thanks.
    Psalm 23

Go a different route is all i have to say.

I will say they have definitely stepped their game up. And if I was to buy another boat I would probably buy one from them because they're local. If something went wrong they would be in town for me to take it back to.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 03-02-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Go a different route is all i have to say.
    Here here

Lowcountry boats... made in the heart of the "mitlands"

You think the transom will be off an inch like the war eagle in the other thread?

I have no dog in this fight, and I know nothing about Lowcountry boats except they are made right around the corner from my office. Go to their shop and visit if you can. See their process and test a boat. Just my 2 cents.

Why not pair a GTR 37 with a Gatortail boat?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

A good old friend just bought an 18 with a GTR 37 or 40. He likes it and has been hunting with a fella with a 16 for a few years and has been pleased with that one as well
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    A good old friend just bought an 18 with a GTR 37 or 40. He likes it and has been hunting with a fella with a 16 for a few years and has been pleased with that one as well
    He's got a 40 on it. I've been impressed with it pushing a load. Doesn't seem to have much of a drop in speed or handling loaded down. I like a round chined boat like the gator Trax and the lowcountry. If I ever get rid of my 15 year old gator Trax, I'd consider one. Probably buy another gator Trax, though.
    Last edited by wob; 03-03-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Why not pair a GTR 37 with a Gatortail boat?
    I've been considering it, for sure. I was in Georgetown yesterday and saw a GTR40 sitting on a 1748 Lowcountry. Figured I'd get some feedback on here before I decided to spend a day testing one out. Haven't been able to find anyone around here with a gator tail boat.
    Psalm 23