Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a $100K Salary Looks Like After Taxes in Your State

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default What a $100K Salary Looks Like After Taxes in Your State

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

South Carolina is #4 with leaving you will the least amount. Wonder where all that tax money goes. It doesn't go to schools and highways.

The company we keep...

Oregon – $66,960
    California – $67,060
    Hawaii – $67,349
    South Carolina – $68,306

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    South Carolina is #4 with leaving you will the least amount. Wonder where all that tax money goes. It doesn't go to schools and highways.
    Oyster roast and tame ducks.

"Administrative Fees"
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I think they set it on fire and sing kumbaya while dancing around it wearing SCDOT outfits
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Par
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-04-2019 at 01:12 PM.

its misleading because states with no income tax have much higher sales tax. Florida shows you would take home $74,949 however it doesnt factor in a close to 10% sales tax on everything, nor the fact that your property taxes are significantly higher, for example. More Toll roads, higher gas tax, etc. Of course you are taxed on consumption which is better IMHO.That said, I would prefer SC go to a zero state tax model like Florida or Tennessee.

Actually it is going to the schools. I learned a whole lot in our endeavor to defeat the property tax increase in Florence.

They are getting plenty of money they just don't know how to spend it. It is insane the money they are getting already, and they want more!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

We are entirely over taxed when we are getting excited because the number 1 state to tax the least FL is only taking 1/4 of your income.

Remember you still have to pay tax on the gas, food, and goods and services you purchase after they tax your money.

We have been boiled slowly in the pot and are accepting what our forefathers fought to leave the king for!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

pretty much on point with mine
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I would much rather everyone have some skin in the game via sales tax. Maybe a 75% tax on lottery tickets. They make me wait in line picking their numbers and choosing which scratch and sniff to buy
    Last edited by jwilliams; 03-04-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

State and local governments in South Carolina collected $3,425 in tax revenue per person in fiscal 2015, the third lowest per capita collection amount of any state. As a percent of income per capita, South Carolinians pay less in taxes than residents of all but eight other states.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    State and local governments in South Carolina collected $3,425 in tax revenue per person in fiscal 2015, the third lowest per capita collection amount of any state. As a percent of income per capita, South Carolinians pay less in taxes than residents of all but eight other states.
    Just because you pay less than someone else, it doesn’t mean you aren’t still paying too much.

Back on topic, where does SC rank with residents making $100k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the percent, per capita, in SC of people earning a taxable income?
    Last edited by CurLee; 03-04-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    But what is the per capita income in relation to the other states?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    its misleading because states with no income tax have much higher sales tax. Florida shows you would take home $74,949 however it doesnt factor in a close to 10% sales tax on everything, nor the fact that your property taxes are significantly higher, for example. More Toll roads, higher gas tax, etc. Of course you are taxed on consumption which is better IMHO.That said, I would prefer SC go to a zero state tax model like Florida or Tennessee.
    You are wrong. I'm in Florida and there is a 6% state sales tax and each county can only levy a max of 2% sales tax, so top sales tax rate is 8% and there are a ton of exceptions on what is taxable and what isn't as well as caps on sales tax for cars, etc. My county is at 7%. Florida also doesn't have personal property taxes (car, boats, etc.). My millage rate on my home is 23, which is high, but I get a homestead exemption which is a $50k value deduction and assessed value is a lot lower than my home is worth. Florida makes a ton of money from taxes on hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoods View Post
    But what is the per capita income in relation to the other states?
    We rank 44th in the nation, so not far off from the 47th ranking of tax collections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ries_by_income
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    We rank 44th in the nation, so not far off from the 47th ranking of tax collections.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ries_by_income
    That's an interesting link. If you add the total population of the 10 most populous states you have more people than the remainder totaled. The founders knew what they were doing with the electoral college.