Thread: 11,200 RoundUp lawsuits

Default 11,200 RoundUp lawsuits

$289M Monsanto verdict
    FBN's Ashley Webster on Bayer shares' falling on news a California jury ordering the company's newly acquired Monsanto unit to pay $289 million for not warning of cancer risks from the company's weed-killer Roundup.
    The troubles keep mounting for German pharmaceutical giant Bayer Opens a New Window. since it acquired Opens a New Window. Monsanto last June for $62.5 billion.

As of Wednesday, the company was facing lawsuits Opens a New Window. from more than 11,200 people over its controversial weed killer Roundup that has been linked to causing cancer in some individuals.

Last August, a California jury concluded that Roundup and the company’s Ranger Pro products presented a “substantial danger” to terminally ill 46-year-old Dewayne “Lee” Johnson, who became sick with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma after using the spray for more than two years as a groundskeeper.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/industri...up-cancer-risk

Every farmer in America could sue- most of the old farmers I know have a range of similar illnesses due to driving open tractors and chemicals. Large percentages have Parkinson's, Dementia, and palsy of some sort, and many had cancer while their wives suffered none of the same illnesses.
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 02-27-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Yeah my hands look like the alien is trying to come out of that dude's stomach. When the face of my watch melted off while spraying treflan years ago, and I was yellower than a gook, I knew I was probably going to pay...

I came home many a time in high school looking like a smurf from the tracer dye spraying that shit and worse in a t-shirt and shorts. Guess I have something to look forward to as I age.

I got buddies that worked at a local company in Lexington that twitch and crap now and I swear it's from that stuff.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"