Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Methodist on here, Gay Ministers ??

Matthew 13:24-30 24Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. 27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?' 28"'An enemy did this,' he replied. "The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' 29"'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"
    Matthew 13:37-43 37He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. 40"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.

2 Thessalonians 2 New International Version (NIV)
    The Man of Lawlessness
    2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
    5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
    Stand Firm
    13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits[b] to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
    16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Does that church marry divorcees?

Kind of mixed on that, my Grandad would NOT marry someone that as divorced but my Dad would marry them all (man and woman naturally ). I have some funny stories about my Dad and some of his weddings he did. One that I will never forget was at Shem Creek on bow of the Teaser (Dad loved to go offshore fishing ) . We were cleaning fish one day after fishing and a couple wanted to get married on the boat however they did not want to go out to federal waters since it was so rough. Capt Mark Brown came over to Dad and asked him would he marry them, Dad handed Mark his filet knife and told him to clean his fish and sent me to truck to get his bible . Stood on bow of Teaser in shorts and married them right in front of everyone at Shem Creek

My Dad’s thought process was “I had rather marry them than have them living in sin but end of day it is up to God to judge and not me” (Guess this is why I have always looked at things this way)

I do know our church (Baptist ) and most that I know will not let anyone divorced sit on deacon board. In fact had a very good friend call me a few years back that was nominated for deacon in his church , he and his wife are both divorced but nobody ever knew they were. Like he told me, in fact I have hard time remembering he was married before , just one of those things that never came up and he nor his wife ever thought much about it . He did go to Preacher and asked to be removed from the list for personal reasons and that was it
    Last edited by tprice; 02-24-2019 at 11:38 AM.

If a woman decides after married to be a whore or a husbands beats his wife every night, those innocent parties should be able to do what the fuck they want to without judgement from a preacher or congregation.

Sportin' joining a club is voluntary, you agree to obey the rules. Different clubs different rules. I understand how you feel. Don't join a club that you don't agree with their rules

Divorcing and remarriage is permitted under certain circumstances. The worldly view has made a mockery of scripture and marriage. Marriage is very serious according to the Bible. However the world says if it doesn’t work out perfectly then you can have a fresh start for as little as $99. I grew up in a Methodist church and have a lot of family history in the Methodist church. However due to the liberal push I have become a part of a Baptist congregation where the pastor is strictly scripture based. It may have already been mentioned but the Methodist church in other countries is on fire for Christ and not taking the liberal road. The United Methodist church in America is where all this is taking place.
    U serious Clark?

My Baptist preacher, a very conservative and brimstone type, advised me to get a divorce from my first wife lest one of us end up dead. A Catholic counselor told me that I needed to get out of that marriage as did another clergy member. You can say that divorce is forbidden by the Bible but it isn’t, divorce for convenience is.

A good marriage is easy, a troubled one isn’t. Some troubled marriages can be saved if both parties are willing to work and put forth the effort. However if only one or neither is willing to, that marriage is going to end in some form of disaster.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    My Baptist preacher, a very conservative and brimstone type, advised me to get a divorce from my first wife lest one of us end up dead. A Catholic counselor told me that I needed to get out of that marriage as did another clergy member. You can say that divorce is forbidden by the Bible but it isn’t, divorce for convenience is.

A good marriage is easy, a troubled one isn’t. Some troubled marriages can be saved if both parties are willing to work and put forth the effort. However if only one or neither is willing to, that marriage is going to end in some form of disaster.
    I have no issue with divorce, life too short to be miserable just made comment lot of churches will not let folks that are divorced hold a position as deacon

Heck even Charles Stanley (former President of Southern Baptist Convention ) is divorced. There was some pressure for him to resign as pastor of his church but I think the common agreement was as long as he did not remarry all was well

Just the deal on Gay Ministers and same sex marriages really shocked me.

And if I understood it the way my sister told me IF it passes and their church wanted to disassociate itself with Methodist Convention the Convention actually owns the church buildings of most of the Methodist churches

My Pastor will be in my office in week or so and curious to hear his views on it
    Last edited by tprice; 02-24-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    I have no issue with divorce, life too short to be miserable just made comment lot of churches will not let folks that are divorced hold a position as deacon

Heck even Charles Stanley (former President of Southern Baptist Convention ) is divorced. There was some pressure for him to resign as pastor of his church but I think the common agreement was as long as he did not remarry all was well

And if I understood it the way my sister told me IF it passes and their church wanted to disassociate itself with Methodist Convention the Convention actually owns the church buildings of most of the Methodist churches
    God doesn’t tell us that we cannot remarry, in fact it is better to be married and committed to Him instead of giving in to lustful temptation.

As to the homosexual question and the Methodist Church, ours will not be a part of it. We will be one of those that split.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

My Pastor will be in my office in week or so and curious to hear his views on it
    That is correct in most united Methodist churches the conference owns the buildings. Therefore if churches do split they will have to find a new building.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-24-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Methodist always were an odd bunch
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Methodist always were an odd bunch
    Lol. The good lord will provide a way if the split happens. The church ain’t the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Lol. The good lord will provide a way if the split happens. The church ain’t the building.
    agreed
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

This all coming from the bunch that’ll acknowledge you in the liquor store. No surprise here.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    any church that acknowledges, accepts, or condones homosexuality has been infiltrated by satan and is not teaching The Lord's word. The Bible is not to be interpretted, but read and taught as indisputable fact.
    But...what about the King James version, and NIV, and all those other "interpretations"?

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

First i would ask which of those "interpretations" do you call the Bible?
    I ask because to me they both are.

But you be you bro, do your thing.

those "interpretations" you refer to say pretty much the same thing... kindof like "Whats up dude?" and "Que pasa hombre"

as for my wife and I, we try to keep God the center of our marriage. And when things start getting sideways, we work together with prayer and reading to bring things back to center.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Those are not interpretations. Those are translations. And if anyone tells you that the different translations have different interpretations, then they havent read them in full.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    any church that acknowledges, accepts, or condones homosexuality has been infiltrated by satan and is not teaching The Lord's word. The Bible is not to be interpretted, but read and taught as indisputable fact.
    Yes
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post

Mark 10:10-12
    10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9
    I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

As for those preachers
    Mark 9:42
    Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.
    Last edited by BRR; 02-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Mark 10:10-12
    10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Matthew 19:9
    I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

As for those preachers
    Mark 9:42
    Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.
    Yes, there are other verses too in Corinthians, Jesus also says that being married to a nonbeliever is grounds, wonder if He excuses bipolar, schizophrenic, manic depressant as well as unfaithful. Don’t judge what you don’t know, that’s what you’ve done.

Did you have to google that?
    If you had it memorized you're definitely going to heaven.

I'm fucked either way