Thread: Appliance Repair question

Default Appliance Repair question

Hoping I could pick an appliance repair guys brain.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Dryer WED94HEXW2 and its throwing a F06 E02 code. I had the same problem with my washer and that codes actually corresponded to a direct issue. Bad communication between CCU and the motor board.

I can barely find anything on the web about the Dryer code itself. Reason i'm just not replacing the control board is there are some other issues i'm seeing that maybe something else and that code isn't being thrown. The thermal fuse, thermostat and high limit thermostat are all inexpensive parts I can change out which leads to the heating issue I'm having.

The dryer itself the outside gets pretty warm (I would classify as hot) all the way around and not just where the heating element is. Also the display screen has moisture behind it when running up to temp and it will then shut off and throw the code. Not every time we use it.

It has only happened 3 times in the last week. First I just thought it was a fluke because I turned it off, turned back on and it ran fine. Well it did it again last night and same thing off/on and it would run. This morning though it wouldn't just cut off/on, when powered back on it would give me that say F06 E02 code.

Let me know if anyone can help. Thanks
    Last edited by TJ_11; 02-22-2019 at 09:39 AM.

There should be a paper inside the machine when you take the top off that tells you the steps to trouble shoot the machine to find the bad part, unfortunately that is a communication error and those front boards are pricey. Good luck in getting it fixed.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    There should be a paper inside the machine when you take the top off that tells you the steps to trouble shoot the machine to find the bad part, unfortunately that is a communication error and those front boards are pricey. Good luck in getting it fixed.
    Thanks, yea my washer machine the troubleshoot was in the manual. Thats why I went to the WWW, because the dryer manual states just a service call.

So should I bother with trouble shooting, thinking that one of those other parts is causing this or just stick with replacing the board?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ_11 View Post
    Thanks, yea my washer machine the troubleshoot was in the manual. Thats why I went to the WWW, because the dryer manual states just a service call.

So should I bother with trouble shooting, thinking that one of those other parts is causing this or just stick with replacing the board?
    https://applianceassistant.com/appli...washer-repair/
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

You might as well get a new one if you want to replace the board on it.

is this the same with the Dryer?

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    You might as well get a new one if you want to replace the board on it.

I have a good warranty company.. so ill just have them replace it. I know the part is more than the deductible.

Sorry, I misread the original post. Fought a whirlpool duet washer yesterday.

From what I am seeing it is the same error code in washer and dryer so you should be able to do the same troubleshoot. Whirlpool says to kill power then reboot as it could be a glitch, but since you are having it twice there is most likely a problem. I hate electronics on appliances these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Appliance Repair question

I have a good warranty company.. so ill just have them replace it. I know the part is more than the deductible.
    Just call them and let them figure it out, that is what you paid for.

Last edited by davisd9; 02-22-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Sorry, I misread the original post. Fought a whirlpool duet washer yesterday.

From what I am seeing it is the same error code in washer and dryer so you should be able to do the same troubleshoot. Whirlpool says to kill power then reboot as it could be a glitch, but since you are having it twice there is most likely a problem. I hate electronics on appliances these days.

Thats whats crazy, earlier I let it set after typing this. Went upstairs and code was still on after cycling on/off and unplugging. Finally cycled breaker and got it to come back on, had some clothes in the dryer that needed to finish. Boom everything worked. But with it happening more and you being confident its the board, I put an order in today.

I was just hoping one of the $30 parts would fix it instead of a $100 deductible. Which is well worth it for that $200 plus part and install.

Thanks for your help..

Thats whats crazy, earlier I let it set after typing this. Went upstairs and code was still on after cycling on/off and unplugging. Finally cycled breaker and got it to come back on, had some clothes in the dryer that needed to finish. Boom everything worked. But with it happening more and you being confident its the board, I put an order in today.

I was just hoping one of the $30 parts would fix it instead of a $100 deductible. Which is well worth it for that $200 plus part and install.

Thanks for your help..
    If it is the front interface it is more like $500 plus

If it is the front interface it is more like $500 plus

Is that the actual panel you see, if so thats where I'm seeing the moisture build up.

Is that the actual panel you see, if so thats where I'm seeing the moisture build up.
    Yes, it is what has the buttons and all to select cycles

I had issues like that with mine and still do at times. One day it stopped dead. Youtubed problem and it showed the board was known to fail, have to solder a pin back and it should work. I opened my machine and it was exact same problem down to burnt marks on cover. The new machines have known problems and someone has fixed it on YouTube or Google.
    Low country redneck who moved north