Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun Barrel Length

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    We all started out with looking to buy one gun, one rod, one bow, one stand....
    That's how it begins.
    No, we all did not...Go be poor somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    You the kind of guy I would like to buy for what he really worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    its going to be 28, need more info on the SBE 3
    I held one at Sportsman Warehouse and it was sweet
    My post above...that was from a SBEIII.

There are shims that come with the gun that are easy enough to change if you are having aiming issues. At a Turkey shoot, I do stack the 2 beads, and the gun has performed very well there, too.

It took me over 25 years to get a nice shotgun; I can assure you I'll seek nothing else.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

If you waited that long.. You could have bought a Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If you waited that long.. You could have bought a Beretta.
    Lolz.

I played with one, and was kinda on the fence, but I didn't desire the gas gun. I think the SBE pointed better for me; IIRC, the forearm was a lot skinnier, too, on the Benelli.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

what the scoop on the folks saying their new SBE3 shoots high and to the left?
    We will look at the Beretta Xtreme Plus this weekend, I personally like Beretta shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    You the kind of guy I would like to buy for what he really worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.
    He is "bonafide" though

what the scoop on the folks saying their new SBE3 shoots high and to the left?
    We will look at the Beretta Xtreme Plus this weekend, I personally like Beretta shotguns
    The Extreme Plus is badass. I'm waiting for Beretta to offer it with a 30 inch barrel before I add one to my arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    The Extreme Plus is badass. I'm waiting for Beretta to offer it with a 30 inch barrel before I add one to my arsenal.
    Think they will? I’m gonna trade my 26” for a 28” but I may wait if they’re gonna do that. Did they offer the original Xtreme with a 30”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I spoke to the Beretta Sales rep at the Gator Cup last weekend in Florida and confirmed it. Said they already offer the snow goose gun in 30 inches now.

For whatever reason they always start new models with 26 and 28 then add the 30 the following year.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

For clays I prefer the longer barrel for the continuity of swing but clay targets don’t change direction quickly like doves or teal do. For this I prefer a shorter barrel like a 26 inch. I have a 28 inch Xtrema 2 that I hardly ever shoot for that very reason. It is an overall long gun. I probably need to sell it and get something shorter/lighter.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayerjohn View Post
    Truth
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I spent an hour and a half in the gun store yesterday (sure they thought I was crazy or wasting their time) I checked out the sbeiii, a5, a400 with KO, sx4, and vinci. I tried them all with 26” and 28” barrels. I mean I spent a few minutes holding, shouldering, and swinging each of the guns a couple times and they even let me feel the triggers. I did my research on each of the guns prior to going and found a few gripes people had on al of them, but bottom line they all had decent warranty and customer service so it all boiled down to what felt the best. At the risk of being called a hey bo, or a duck commander, I brought home a 26” Benelli Vinci, and boy is she ugly but damn she just feels right. The beretta was my second choice, the sx4 felt decent, the new hump back will never be as good as the classic, and just wasn’t impressed with the sbeiii. Before I left the house I figured I would be bringing the beretta home but after holding that head bagger of a gun they call the Vinci I had to take it home. This is my first gun with a 26” barrel everything else I have is 28” or 30” and hunting the swamps, standing in cat tails, or in the brush of a small beaver swamp I have desired a shorter gun. I’m not a pro shooter, but I read on the internet that skeet shooters and other scattergun competitioners desire a longer barrel to help swing and for as much sight plain as they can get, and I’m not trying to beat Chris kyles record, so I figured 26 would work just fine.

I bought a Beretta with a 28 inch barrel

That's a fine gun! I'd have let you test drive my SBE with a 24" barrel. I've been killing with it for almost 25 years.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Extreme Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Has anyone shot a SX4? I would like to have a gas gun, tired of the pounding I take from my M1 Super 90 and "new " A5.

A guy I hunt with shoots an sx4. The gun seems solid, when my versamax would be screwing up his would still be going strong. Never seen him have trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    Has anyone shot a SX4? I would like to have a gas gun, tired of the pounding I take from my M1 Super 90 and "new " A5.
    Internally they are the same as an sx3 from my understanding
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...