Thread: EDC G43 build questions

Default EDC G43 build questions

Anybody done a trigger swap on a 43 yet?

Doing a little bit of a mild carry build, and would like to swap the trigger, but I’m having a hard time finding options that are gen 5 compatible.

Also love to see anybody else’s EDC 42/43 build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

All I did was the 3.5 lb connector, it brought the weight down from 8 lbs to 5.5 lbs on my 43. My 19 and 48 have stock trigger connectors. I don't want anything less than 5 lbs on a striker fired carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    All I did was the 3.5 lb connector, it brought the weight down from 8 lbs to 5.5 lbs on my 43. My 19 and 48 have stock trigger connectors. I don't want anything less than 5 lbs on a striker fired carry gun.
    Thanks for the feedback, I’ve had a couple people say the connector was good. I don’t want anything light, just clean, crisp preferably flat faced.

I just swapped in a Vickers larger slide release and added a TLR-6. It rides in a Sticky Holster in my front pocket. I also have a Blackpoint Tactical IWB Holster for it.

Zev tech full
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Check out Apex triggers. Not sure if they have a gen 5 out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Zev tech full
    x2

New connector, polish internals, new sights.
    I’ve had Zev and Apex on full sized Glocks. The Zevs are great when they work. I’ve had two break. Leaf spring on trigger safety broke both times. They made it good but...
    I’ll also say that you can put the exact same components in two different pistols and get different results. That’s just the reality with plastic frames and internals. My best trigger is on a Gen 3 17. Factory minus connector, plus power trigger spring, a 4 lb striker spring and everything inside polished up. Smooth 4 lb pull with solid reset. Maybe $20 in parts.
    I really like these sights:
    https://ameriglo.com/products/glock-uc-tritium-sets

What’s the general consensus on different triggers on carry guns? I have a shield first gen that I’d like to do this to but go back and forth.

Personally I think if the weapons pulled in defense and justified the trigger should not matter.

But am interested in hearing what y’all think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    What’s the general consensus on different triggers on carry guns? I have a shield first gen that I’d like to do this to but go back and forth.

Personally I think if the weapons pulled in defense and justified the trigger should not matter.

I’ve heard a lot of people voice opinions about that, but as far as I’m concerned, if you have to use it, and it’s justified, nobody is going to say a thing....

I’m not gonna carry a bone stock, “boring” edc my whole life for fear of it.

I wouldn’t put a match trigger in anything I carry, but the main reason for upgrading a carry trigger is for a better feeling trigger, not light pull weight

I’m with you. I have been looking at the hyve triggers for my shield since they don’t change the pull weight but get rid of the funky hinged style trigger and take a lot of the grit out.

The apex you are talking about seem to be very nice triggers too.

Here is the answer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Haha yessir 1911s sure have the whole trigger thing worked out.

Triggers/ trigger bars won’t significantly change the weight in striker fired guns. It takes a combination of components to make a big difference . I have an Apex in my Glock 35. I like the flat face, and trigger geometry. I also used their connector and safety plunger. My son has the whole race kit in a M&P and it’s very nice. Way too light for carry, but they have a bunch of options to tailor it to what you want.
    Last edited by FLS; 03-06-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post

My PC 9mm Shield has an Apex trigger and a G19 trigger spring.

It is, by far, one of my favorite 9's I've ever shot.

FWIW, I have read so much negative stuff about that Zev stuff that I'd be leery of having anything built by them. I've never used their parts, so I have no real 1st hand knowledge. I've installed Ghost products in 7 different Glocks and have never been disappointed.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 03-06-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong person.

I'm leery of messing with the internals. I added the extended slide lock/release, Pierce +1 that I carry and a Vickers +2 in the backup mag. Getting ready to do the sights, but I'm toying with trying out the P365 here soon.

I'm about to try out an optic on my Gen 5 19 MOS, never really used one, but we shall see.

I held the p365 the other day and am definitely impressed with its size especially considering it’s capacity.
    It’s on the list along with many other firearms I drool over regularly.

Loved my glock 43 until I bought a p365, 43 hasn’t moved since.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Loved my glock 43 until I bought a p365, 43 hasn’t moved since.
    Wanna move that 43???
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I would not mess with the trigger in a carry gun. I have seen too many guns become less reliable by messing with the trigger and that includes Glocks. Liability shouldn’t matter but I wouldn’t take the chance. Ever been on a self defense case jury with a few liberals? I have. Their thought process was pretty scary. Made me re-evaluate a few paradigms.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.