Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shotgun Barrel Length

A Remington 1100 with a 30" barrel would be great for doves and ducks.

Browning Silver
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Default Shotgun Barrel Length

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Browning Silver
    Great great gun. Same frame as the older Beretta AL390s with an improved, more rust resistant, gas system.
    Last edited by britton40; 03-14-2019 at 11:38 PM.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    Great great gun. Same frame as the older Beretta AL390s with an improved, more rust resistant, gas system.
    . If you run an 1100 wet with CLP you won’t have any problem with rust. It is still a darn good design at reducing recoil, especially with light to mid range loads, but it’s Achilles heel is that it needs regular cleaning of the gas system to remain reliable. Good news is that it is very simple to disassemble for cleaning.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Friend we ran 1100s regularly for many years and never had a jam with nothing more than running a patch down the barrel and wiping the magazine tube down with an oily rag for cleaning. But we did it after every hunt. I've had folks complain with jamming 1100s only to find dry burnt powder covered residue after taking the forearm off. A simple oil rag wipe down and the guns were fine. The only jam I ever had was from a chipped o-ring and that probably occurred from a careless barrel change. It was only after I began getting all picky about turkey hunting that I began using wad removing powder solvent down the barrel, on a magazine tube & rings and for cleaning gas ports. Not so sure about newer 11-87s but the old guns were reliable.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles