Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectrum Mobile

Default Spectrum Mobile

Does anyone use, or has anyone tried the Spectrum Mobile service? They supposedly use the same LTE network that Verison does.

The pricing is very enticing for our usage levels, but I’d like to hear some first hand experience feedback.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

It is in fact overlay of Verizon. Its a good service. I was a beta tester for it and many of us in the office still have it. You have to have Spectrum service at home before you can get it. If you cant tell I work there.

And I’m sure Spectrum has a promotional offer to entice you. I have Spectrum cable and internet, not because I want Spectrum, but because I want cable. Anything else they have to offer I’ll pass on

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    And I’m sure Spectrum has a promotional offer to entice you. I have Spectrum cable and internet, not because I want Spectrum, but because I want cable. Anything else they have to offer I’ll pass on
    We have Spectrum cable and Internet and they are offering mobile at $14/gig with unlimited talk and text, per person, but two of us could share the total of the 2 gigs for $28, plus an additional $14/gig if we were to use more than that. No taxes on top of those charges.

The woman I talked to last week did not say this was a promotional pricing, even though I asked her what the hidden hooks were, etc, so that’s an open question. Biggie, can you answer that question?

Since my wife never uses mobile internet it may be a good deal for us. I’ll have to poke a little deeper.

Thanks.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    We have Spectrum cable and Internet and they are offering mobile at $14/gig with unlimited talk and text, per person, but two of us could share the total of the 2 gigs for $28, plus an additional $14/gig if we were to use more than that. No taxes on top of those charges.

The woman I talked to last week did not say this was a promotional pricing, even though I asked her what the hidden hooks were, etc, so that’s an open question. Biggie, can you answer that question?

Since my wife never uses mobile internet it may be a good deal for us. I’ll have to poke a little deeper.

Thanks.
    That’s the price. We have never been told it was promotional. Standard pricing on everything I have at the office

I get 25 GB from straight talk for $45/month.

Thanks for the info, Biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I get 25 GB from straight talk for $45/month.
    Tater, you can get unlimited data for $45 from Spectrum using the Verizon network, fwiw. I don't need that much at this point, but it sure seems like a good deal.
    ~ George Washington

Yes Sir

what do taxes and fees typically run on top of the $14? also can you use your existing phone or no?

Thanks for the info, Biggie.

Tater, you can get unlimited data for $45 from Spectrum using the Verizon network, fwiw. I don't need that much at this point, but it sure seems like a good deal.
    My straight talk runs on a Verizon SIM card. Heck I never used the 5GB that ST used to provide.

And....I guarantee you that spectrum’s ass will find a way to tack on about 15-20 dollars worth of taxes and fees and blah blah blah on top of that $45.

Straight Talk cost me $47 and some change after taxes.

Came close to going to this (Verizon owned) but I stream A LOT and decided against it.

https://www.visible.com

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D Shot Shoota View Post
    what do taxes and fees typically run on top of the $14? also can you use your existing phone or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    And....I guarantee you that spectrum’s ass will find a way to tack on about 15-20 dollars worth of taxes and fees and blah blah blah on top of that $45.

Straight Talk cost me $47 and some change after taxes.
    I specifically asked about any taxes and fees, etc, and was told there are $0, because it’s set like a pre-paid, I guess.

If I decide to try it I will definitely verify that.

You can use your own phone if it “qualifies”, but I doubt that would be an issue for most newer phones. My iPhone SE checked out in their system, and I suspect most here have a newer phone than that.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-22-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Figured this was worth sharing for those intrigued by Spectrum Mobile. You can now switch to SM without buying a new phone, if yours is compatible.

Effective Wednesday, May 22, 2019, our Spectrum Mobile Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program will now be available to customers in all sales channels. The program, which allows customers with select Apple and Android devices to switch to Spectrum Mobile service, was previously only available by visiting select Spectrum Mobile stores.

Additionally, the Spectrum Mobile Credit Policy has been updated to allow eligible BYOD customers to automatically qualify for service on up to five devices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Didn't reeltight say he was going to sign up for this Spectrum Mobile service and give it a test? If so, any word on how things are going?
    ~ George Washington

Didn't reeltight say he was going to sign up for this Spectrum Mobile service and give it a test? If so, any word on how things are going?
    I'm sitting here at the beach with him. He likes the service. Says if you have 4 or less devices, Spectrum is a good deal. If you have more, Verizon is a better deal.

Tax tag and title $45/line for unlimited. Can’t beat it for few lines. The service has been fine. No difference that I can tell. Best part about it is that I didn’t give vzw any money this month for the first time in about 15 years.
    Last edited by reeltight; 05-27-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Tax tag and title $45/line for unlimited. Can’t beat it for few lines. The service has been fine. No difference that I can tell. EST part about it is that I didn’t give vzw any money this month for the first time in about 15 years.
    If you don’t mind can you keep updating this with your experiences with it. ESP coverage good and bad. The way you travel your a great person to give real world experience.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Tax tag and title $45/line for unlimited. Can’t beat it for few lines. The service has been fine. No difference that I can tell. EST part about it is that I didn’t give vzw any money this month for the first time in about 15 years.
    With only two of us here, and my wife not using anything but talk services, we'd go with the $14/GB option. We had Verizon for years and moved to Consumer Cellular last May, utilizing the AT&T network, and that, along with the upgrade to 4G 'LTE' service has been like night and day here. Thanks for the update!

Rion, sorry to see you've got such a tough life, having to watch your brother on the beach and all...
    ~ George Washington

With only two of us here, and my wife not using anything but talk services, we'd go with the $14/GB option. We had Verizon for years and moved to Consumer Cellular last May, utilizing the AT&T network, and that, along with the upgrade to 4G 'LTE' service has been like night and day here. Thanks for the update!

Rion, sorry to see you've got such a tough life, having to watch your brother on the beach and all...
    Yessir... it's rough fo sho!!!