Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dog Food

Quote Originally Posted by forresj View Post
    When I first got my puppy the vet told me that there was a lot of research that pointed to the grain free foods causing heart problems.
    My wife has been following that issue very closely and the bottom line is that there is NO proven correlation between DCM and grain-free foods. Go to the FDA web site and read everything on it, and TruthAboutPetFoods.com has a dozen articles on it. Read them all and you'll see the bouncing ball.

There have only been something like 365+/- cases (over a four year period) and they are not all grain-free food fed dogs. It apparently seems to be pointing, as I understand it, that the issue may well be the protein products being substituted for the grains vs being "grain-free" itself... i.e., legumes, etc . This issue is being pressed the hardest by the big dog food companies who are getting their profits taken by the smaller food companies who are offering higher quality grain-free foods. Also note that, supposedly, other countries are using grain-free foods without this claimed problem. If that's true, that would point even more so towards it being an issue of lower quality substitute products being used by some of the US brands. At least that's my take on it.

This appears to be another one of those cases like the Purina vs Blue Buffalo crap from a couple of years ago.

Read all the articles at the FDA and TruthAboutDogFoods.com if you want to try to understand what's going on.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

A lot of lab trainers use Purina pro plan. We have used it for about 20 years and all of our dogs have lived long lives and thankfully very healthy. I don’t think you can go wrong using this product.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    A lot of lab trainers use Purina pro plan. We have used it for about 20 years and all of our dogs have lived long lives and thankfully very healthy. I don’t think you can go wrong using this product.
    Thats just too simple though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, some of these guys could turn scrambling eggs into a major science project. They would probably over analyze how you crack the egg open. SMDH
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 08-06-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.