Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just Vote NO on 2/26!

Your apology is accepted. Thanks for being a man. I enjoyed our face to face discussion.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I knew that was coming......just Did what I had to do
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Why are the schools in the condition they are in? I don’t think everyone went home for summer break and came back in the fall to find mold everywhere, leaky ceilings, and cold classrooms. There has been negligence and wasteful spending along the way. Let’s fix that problem first, then move on to how we can make our schools better buildings in the future.

I would agree with this, poor maintenance but I can honestly say from my perspective that funding for public education is not done correctly as by law. (Base student cost is approx $600 less per student that is written by law from ACT 388 ) and schools do not have a lot extra for the normal maintenance and upkeep

The .01 sales tax in Anderson has done wonders and can only be spent on facilities, technology and reducing debt (not used for reoccurring expenses

Like it or not the schools are the key to corporate recruitment and JOBS

Now I am the first to admit I do not know what the fix is for public education, well yes I do . As one gentleman I met a at a school board conference stated (from the so called “corridor of shame in SC” “UNTIL we fix the PARENTS we will never fix education”. I have no clue how you fix that problem

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Teaching is a joke. Just another government run cluster.
    Wonder when the last test was typed out and made by a teacher? All they do is go over standardized tests.

That is about as incorrect statement as someone can make

Was reading this about the vote to see how it went and can not believe someone of any intelligence would make this statement

Apparently you have no family/friends/etc that are Educators
    Last edited by tprice; 03-07-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Got plenty of educators in my family, even taught myself for one semester. The objective of the modern public school teacher is to prevent the students from screwing or killing each other in your classroom. Accomplishing that objective is a solid days work. Educating is a after thought, if it happens that’s nice. If it don’t, we’ll they’re still alive.