Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Duck Tape, I applaud you for continuing to appease this bunch of dirtnecks.

90% of the naysayers don’t live here, fish here, or even hunt here.

But please, continue to tell us all how clearing some prop wrecking stumps is gonna lead to manhattan sky-rises, and twin towers in Eutawville
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There is roughly 271,000 acres of lake available excluding Marion & Moultrie that pleasure boaters and water sport enthusiasts can enjoy "stump free" with minimal navigational deterrent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

There are far more benefits to this than appeasing potential pleasure boaters...
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    For once I have to agree with DT. The lake is already full with boaters and such. The places he's talking about would not hurt hunting and would be better for fishing because you take the boaters away from the fishing areas and put them in the middle. Most of us wouldn't go to those areas in heavy use times anyhow due to the time of year.
    Wrong. The skiers, tubers, and wake boarders want your coves. Trying to do any of that is not a lot of fun in the chop on the big water. This coming from one whom pulls a tube alot on murry.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 02-14-2019 at 06:28 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    There are far more benefits to this than appeasing potential pleasure boaters...
    Please explain the potential benefits in a language a dirt neck can understand
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Overall, I am and have been happy with Santee Cooper lakes. That being said, there are a handful of things about the lakes that I think could be better managed. Cutin' stumps out isn't one of the managment things I've ever thought needed to be done.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Dirtnecks, lol.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Duck Tape, I applaud you for continuing to appease this bunch of dirtnecks.

90% of the naysayers don’t live here, fish here, or even hunt here.

But please, continue to tell us all how clearing some prop wrecking stumps is gonna lead to manhattan sky-rises, and twin towers in Eutawville
    Charlestons full bud and the more attractive you make the lake to boaters the more people will come. If you think the general assembly is worried about the lower unit on your outboard I don't know what else I can say. A land developer wants to make the lake more attractive and it's not for you or for me. $$$$, plain and simple.

Santee is not as bad to run and navigate as some of you people make it. For crying out loud

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Excuse me, apparently I logged into an extreme environmentalist site. Let’s break up the boat ramps, stop selling fuel on the water and dig a trench at the North Carolina line.

Jesssh, I’m interested in improving access to a lake. I have not met with any developers or tourism groups. Sorry, conspiracy theorist, there is no sinister plan. I own one house at lake Marion. No other land. My parents had one since I was 12. I have worked for waterfowl habitat before most of you started hunting. I don’t need a lecture about conservation.

This effort is to make a lake navigable. It completes a mission that was interrupted long ago. It will require a study to determine the feasibility and will seek public input from interested persons and organizations surrounding the lake. There would not even be a discussion if a new dam were being proposed
    That right there shows you are still nothing but a high fence hunter at heart. For your information. Real hunters and outdoors-persons and conservationist/environmentalist that advocate for limited use. You are not one.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Santee is not as bad to run and navigate as some of you people make it. For crying out loud
    Precisely, so no need to sign the removal of stumps into law

Is dirtneck the same as deplorable?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Is dirtneck the same as deplorable?
    I think so.

Such as......................
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I will ask again. Where are the statisitics which says these trees are a costly problem to boaters? Whar's the study bo??????
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

so to translate, "I am saying alot of words that have absolutely no substance"

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Someone, anyone, please let me know where this mass development will take place.

I’ll help eliminate some areas that will never be on the table, to make things easier for you....

Lowfalls Landing south to southeast around to hickory springs water plant - private and cannot be developed.
    Hickory Springs to Stumphole landing (already developed through houses) could be sold as a golf course development.....but has already been tried 3 times in my lifetime, resulting in a nice gate to a run-down 5 house “development.”
    Stumphole to the state park - already developed in private hands.
    State Park to Bluff - already developed in private hands.
    Bluff to Mill Creek - steep cliffs possible development, if you can find folks wanting an 18ft drop-off front yard, and same folks would have to meet Santee Cooper’s waterfront price, AFTER meeting Mr Connor’s price (which nobody has been able to since I’ve been alive)
    Mill Creek to Cypress Shores - developed in private hands.
    Cypress Shores to Bell’s Creek - Developed in private hands.
    Bell’s Creek to Rock’s Pond - SCPSA owned land leased to DNR for Santee Cooper WMA - possibly developed if you can get thru the red tape and if you can convince people to want to live in a cypress swamp.....in eutawville. (Maybe you should visit that area before you start worrying about the risk of development.)
    Rocks Pond to Spiers - Tied up in estates reminiscent of upper Edisto Island. Numerous black families owning fractions of every acre (a developers nightmare) - also a joke to think you can convince people to come live there... no contact with outside world.
    Spiers to Canal - read above.

I can certainly do the northern side of the lake, but it’s much of the same. Do I really have to?

Come on, somebody challenge?

I’ll make a deal, if you can even remotely make me question development on the south side, I do the north side for free?

The Lower lake is for VIP players only.....

The lake has been fine the way it is since it was dug. Leave it alone. If you can’t navigate it and use some common sense out there then stay on the damn bank.