Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Every problem we have is because 535 people decided to create it.

Greedy bloodsuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table,
    At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries Tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways
    To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know
    That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid...

Put these words Upon his tomb, Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)

Gross Receipts Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service Charge Tax

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Sales Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

---Charley Reese

I will repeat this.......

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

My constituents boat at Lake Marion
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    But we can't seem to win for losing.

I suggested we add another Cat 1 WMA and Jab says no. The state will just ruin it. Maybe he is right.

I begin the budget process with DNR. They did not ask for one dime extra for the Cat 1's. Samworth may have had 20 ducks killed there all season. I have a special meeting and get their budget need for the WMA and they say 9 million.

What do I do?

I talk about a project to clear stumps that follows up on a long time promise to clear Lake Marion after the war ended. I hear don't clear it because the Yankees will come. Meanwhile there is not a mildly successful city anywhere near the lake. I can't find a restaurant near the lake that deserves an A rating or a motel on the lake anywhere.

I am not sure how to please anyone anymore.

I get it if I lived in Charleston. It has been ruined. Other places actually have less population and not a job to be found. It is truly impossible to please everyone.

Oh and thanks Toof
    You said it. Everyone has their own agenda and it’s odd when people consider others. That lake can do it all if a little thought and planning are put into action.

I suggested we add another Cat 1 WMA and Jab says no. The state will just ruin it. Maybe he is right.

I begin the budget process with DNR. They did not ask for one dime extra for the Cat 1's. Samworth may have had 20 ducks killed there all season. I have a special meeting and get their budget need for the WMA and they say 9 million.

What do I do?

I talk about a project to clear stumps that follows up on a long time promise to clear Lake Marion after the war ended. I hear don't clear it because the Yankees will come. Meanwhile there is not a mildly successful city anywhere near the lake. I can't find a restaurant near the lake that deserves an A rating or a motel on the lake anywhere.

I get it if I lived in Charleston. It has been ruined. Other places actually have less population and not a job to be found. It is truly impossible to please everyone.

Oh and thanks Toof

Clarks Hill (Lake Thurmond) has no restaraunts or hotels. Nor, does it sit on a city. That is exactly what makes it nice. We used to kill some ducks there to. Then they got that pesky grass under control. That took care of the ducks, coots and I believe it played some role in the decrease of eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by cellis17 View Post
    Yesssssss! Still the hardest hit on stump I've been apart of.
    That old motor probably got cussed more than any single thing I’ve ever owned, but it was tough as a damn lighter knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

What do I do?

Oh and thanks Toof

Mr Lowe- do you feel like the only way to measure success is in population, development and growth? Is something wrong with a peaceful recreation and vacation area or do they all have to be Dirty Myrtle? Plenty of YOUR constituents enjoy the slower pace of life offered by a vacation spot not booming with rap music, awash with wake boats and tormented by the jet powered water pests.
    We need OUR lakes full of grass, trees, ducks, fish, gators and happy families- not endless development full of yankees.

If you really feel that way should we set obstacles in our lakes and rivers? ditches in our roads? breed mosquitoes on purpose? create a gnat that thrives in the winter? Tax yankees twice as much for owning property?

Why accept gradual growth when we can start getting rid of them?

The General consensus across South Carolina’s lowcountry and midlands, in regards to the Santee Cooper lakes, is to keep them wild.
    The minority seem to want to make it into a Murray.

We have multiple lakes like that.

Again.... Promote Santee Cooper Lakes as an ecotourism attraction, the same way Cholly Clark and Pat Williams did in the 70s and 80s, and let us compete with Guntersville for the bass tournaments.
    Promote the growth of aquatic vegetation and the fishery will adjust itself.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There is no reason we cannot keep Wyboo, Potato Creek, Taw Caw, and the Resort bank free from vegetation via spraying.

If that were the case, the Goat Island Boat Club would never know that vegetation was growing above 95 and in the Southeast corner.

I’m fairly certain none of those folks have even laid eyes on Moultrie.

Amen bog. For pennies on the dollar, they can target direct spray the areas of interest and let the remainder of the lake system have vegetation.
    U serious Clark?

If you really feel that way should we set obstacles in our lakes and rivers? ditches in our roads? breed mosquitoes on purpose? create a gnat that thrives in the winter? Tax yankees twice as much for owning property?

Why accept gradual growth when we can start getting rid of them?
    Nothing about SC's current state is gradual growth.

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    Amen bog. For pennies on the dollar, they can target direct spray the areas of interest and let the remainder of the lake system have vegetation.
    Anything can be done if the politicians wish it to be...

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Nothing about SC's current state is gradual growth.
    Nothing?3AD6D323-92E1-4EF7-96E6-8F5A49DDD09D.jpg

This is a map showing population growth by house districts.

Dark red almost no growth and in some cases they actually lost population.

Light red is underperforming the state average.

White is state avg.

light green moderate growth

dark green incredible growth
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-13-2020 at 09:58 PM.

This map lets you know why we all have differing opinions about growth.

what's the average across the state? About a million over the last 10 years or something close to that, right? One of the fastest growing states in the union, right? You can nit pick the district map all you want but the state is not in "gradual growth" mode.

There's nothing wrong with having the Dark Red spots on the map. Not every square mile of the state has to be over developed like Charleston, Columbia and Greenville areas. You've got to keep the balance of city and country.

Tax yankees twice as much for owning property?
    Now you talking!

I left Lake Lure 28 years ago due to the Yankee money. Fixing to leave Murray as It is really messed up and getting worse by the week.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    what's the average across the state? About a million over the last 10 years or something close to that, right? One of the fastest growing states in the union, right? You can nit pick the district map all you want but the state is not in "gradual growth" mode.

There's nothing wrong with having the Dark Red spots on the map. Not every square mile of the state has to be over developed like Charleston, Columbia and Greenville areas. You've got to keep the balance of city and country.
    Preach.

I wish there was a like button on here because there are so many of these posts I agree with. Leave Marion alone.

Also, DT, I can’t hardly make the map out that you posted, but is that saying Florence is losing population, or just maintaining it? I’m not trying to be argumentative, that just doesn’t seem like the case though. There are houses and apartments going up everywhere. I’m sure that wouldn’t be happening if there wasn’t any one to put in them.
    Last edited by jevans; 02-13-2020 at 09:31 PM.