Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Seriously

Government is working hard to develop our state and provide employment opportunities and wealth for it's residents.

Should we stop?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Should we stop?

Yes, if it cost taxpayers a gazillion dollars, destroys natural habitat and lines the pockets of fat cats....

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Seriously

Government is working hard to develop our state and provide employment opportunities and wealth for it's residents.

Should we stop?
    With that comment, maybe you should. Development just for it sake and whoring out the more natural areas for profit is what you call development? Then yes you should definitely stop. Urban sprawl and traffic jams is your forte. Not to forget making a quick buck. Turn that development back towards the urban centers.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Seriously

Should we stop?
    The lies you tell.........

We don't need our State to be a concrete jungle. Hell, y'all can't even get the roads paved but you can give 32% raises. So to answer your question, yes you should stop.

We drive on plenty of employment opportunities every day.

Seriously

Should we stop?
    YES...Stop.

Do you even recognize this state anymore? I sure as hell don't. The new mayor of Mt. Pleasant ran on a platform of stopping the growth. He won.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Meh, been here all of my life and it wasn't long ago when unemployment was 8%+, and we went 15 years without a major announcement in my community. I prefer jobs. Don't want to go back to that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Seriously

Should we stop?
    It's a catch 22. On one hand it's nice having new companies come in and provide the opportunity of jobs. On the other hand, we lose natural resources, bring in more yankees, and change the general landscape our state. It's nice having a growing economy, but I don't want to end up living in a blue state with terrible traffic for the sake of "growth".

We need both and both can be had.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    We need both and both can be had.
    i agree.

Duct tape....I know you want to do your best. I know you care about the state of South Carolina. However, you really should listen to the voters in your district. Hell, i wish ALL politicians would listen to their voters and vote accordingly. It seems politicians think they were voted into office because their people expect them to make their own (wise) decisions, but you're really there to vote for what your people want (not what you want).

Maybe, just maybe, its time for politicians to listen to the people. you think you're doing what we want but maybe you're not? I dont really know...but i DO know its far more complicated than we think and that makes me glad you represent us.

BUT, the wasteful spending has got to stop.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

But we can't seem to win for losing.

I suggested we add another Cat 1 WMA and Jab says no. The state will just ruin it. Maybe he is right.

I begin the budget process with DNR. They did not ask for one dime extra for the Cat 1's. Samworth may have had 20 ducks killed there all season. I have a special meeting and get their budget need for the WMA and they say 9 million.

What do I do?

I talk about a project to clear stumps that follows up on a long time promise to clear Lake Marion after the war ended. I hear don't clear it because the Yankees will come. Meanwhile there is not a mildly successful city anywhere near the lake. I can't find a restaurant near the lake that deserves an A rating or a motel on the lake anywhere.

I am not sure how to please anyone anymore.

I get it if I lived in Charleston. It has been ruined. Other places actually have less population and not a job to be found. It is truly impossible to please everyone.

Oh and thanks Toof
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-13-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i agree.

Duct tape....I know you want to do your best. I know you care about the state of South Carolina. However, you really should listen to the voters in your district. Hell, i wish ALL politicians would listen to their voters and vote accordingly. It seems politicians think they were voted into office because their people expect them to make their own (wise) decisions, but you're really there to vote for what your people want (not what you want).

Maybe, just maybe, its time for politicians to listen to the people. you think you're doing what we want but maybe you're not? I dont really know...but i DO know its far more complicated than we think and that makes me glad you represent us.

BUT, the wasteful spending has got to stop.
    Best thing I have read on here in a LONG time. Politicians "feel" they know better and "think" they should do what they think is best for the people. However, they ARE TO VOTE AS THE PEOPLE SAY TO VOTE.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

I win my elections over a democrat by 60/40

Do I just vote how my republican voters want?

Do I give the democrats their way 40%?

Do I care about how other parts of the state feel?

DT,

One of the most beneficial things that can be done for the hunters and fishermen of this state is to prohibit the overstocking of non-native grass carp into our lake systems.

If that was the one and only thing you accomplished in your political career, it would be a success on that alone.

For 25 years our DNR has caved to the cries of retiree homeowners that only occupy and utilize a small fraction of either lake.
    The homeowners in the Santee Cooper resort, Taw Caw, and Potato/Wyboo have driven the agenda and in turn have crippled the economies in a 5 county region.

A thriving fishing industry that put our state on the map, and drew tens of millions into our state for 35 years was toppled by a TINY portion of the lake’s users. Minority users would be an understatement.

So, I say to you again...

If all you did was restore Santee Cooper Lakes back to their former glory, than your time up there would be more meaningful than any of your colleagues.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Tens of millions of dollars.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

But we can't seem to win for losing.

I suggested we add another Cat 1 WMA and Jab says no. The state will just ruin it. Maybe he is right.

I begin the budget process with DNR. They did not ask for one dime extra for the Cat 1's. Samworth may have had 20 ducks killed there all season. I have a special meeting and get their budget need for the WMA and they say 9 million.

What do I do?

I talk about a project to clear stumps that follows up on a long time promise to clear Lake Marion after the war ended. I hear don't clear it because the Yankees will come. Meanwhile there is not a mildly successful city anywhere near the lake. I can't find a restaurant near the lake that deserves an A rating or a motel on the lake anywhere.

I am not sure how to please anyone anymore.

I get it if I lived in Charleston. It has been ruined. Other places actually have less population and not a job to be found. It is truly impossible to please everyone.

Oh and thanks Toof
    As for the lakes let’s keep it that way. Don’t turn Santee into Murray for god sakes
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    As for the lakes let’s keep it that way. Don’t turn Santee into Murray for god sakes
    Which nearby town will populate the lake like Murray?

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table,
    At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries Tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways
    To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know
    That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid...

Put these words Upon his tomb, Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)

Gross Receipts Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service Charge Tax

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Sales Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

---Charley Reese

I will repeat this.......

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-13-2020 at 06:10 PM.

You should care about your constituents , the other districts should do the same.Heck , the most powerful man in the state house is from your area, what do you think Hugh does besides look out for himself.
    Remember you have folks in your district that have lake and beach property, the beach folks are and have been dealing with Santee Cooper and that s####y mess for a while.
    Last edited by rrconductor; 02-13-2020 at 06:14 PM.