Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Be nice to have our roads fixed too like they said they would. Where’s that money going ?
    I mentioned it bout 10 pages ago. Good luck getting a answer. Tax the shit out of us and the roads are worse than before
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    When is the last time you fished the vertical dead timber that stand in 25 ft depth? How did you locate said stumps. How did you stump jump for crappie if they are actually under water? Did you catfish? Run Stripers?
    The last time I fished it, is the last time I was at the lake fishing for catfish. That timber is prime fishing for flatheads. You just need to know what you are doing.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The potholes on our failing road systems create more of a risk to people everyday than the standing timber on Santee ever will. Maybe our state government should worry about that first instead of pissing away time and money on dicking with our natural resources.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I mentioned it bout 10 pages ago. Good luck getting a answer. Tax the shit out of us and the roads are worse than before
    I think all the funding got funneled to one project...completely redoing malfunction junction on I26 in Columbia. Largest ever contract issued in the states history! It's about where the people live. If you live in a highly urban sprawling area, you will get your roads fixed. If you live in Po-Dunk SC, don't try to drink coffee in your vehicle with your Sunday clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Personally, I do not get offended. My belief is that being offended is the biggest cop-out because of one's ignorance and the unwillingness to listen to someone with a different opinion. The first derogatory comment that I have ever made towards you, was in response to your own attempt to belittle me, because you felt that you were more knowledgeable about something than I. But your own ignorance and lack of knowledge about the topic is proof that you believe yourself to be above "us dirt necks." It was a crude attempt on your part, and is completely inaccurate.

I'll not sift through all the other post to find the one where you referenced about others attacking you first, but this was your attempt to appear more knowledgeable about the topic.

You see, there is a clearly marked channel that does run the ENTIRE length of the lake. It may not be a straight shot, as some would prefer, but it does exist.

I am not opposed to a few additional cross channels being cleared, but I adamantly oppose the complete clearing.
    The channel I was referring to was the cleared navigation channel on the north side of the lake. It goes half way up then cuts across. I believe you were referring to the river channel. Im sorry if you thought I was belittling you. It was not intended.

I will make a second bet and say you cannot begin at the dam and boat to I-95 and stay in the marked river channel at a planed off speed without entering 25 ft of water where the not visible vertical stumps are without using the aid of electronic navigation.

For the second time, I never used the words "dirt necks" and would appreciate you not implying I did. The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the are good people deserving a better life.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The last time I fished it, is the last time I was at the lake fishing for catfish. That timber is prime fishing for flatheads. You just need to know what you are doing.
    Do you believe the upper 20 ft of the cypress is critical flathead habitat or the last 5 ft and stump?

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    The potholes on our failing road systems create more of a risk to people everyday than the standing timber on Santee ever will. Maybe our state government should worry about that first instead of pissing away time and money on dicking with our natural resources.
    I don't get the comparison. The more potholes the less Yankees. Isn't that what I am reading? Don't we want more pot holes?
    (Warning sarcastic hyperbole.)

I'll not sift through all the other post to find the one where you referenced about others attacking you first, but this was your attempt to appear more knowledgeable about the topic.
    Why not? Do you believe our one misunderstanding on the "channel" warranted 24 pages of personal insults, disparaging remarks, and accusations of self-serving behavior?

Y'all keep it up on your own for a while. I am going to relax a bit on my trackhoe.

If you say you're gonna leave, then fucking leave.

Why not? Do you believe our one misunderstanding on the "channel" warranted 24 pages of personal insults, disparaging remarks, and accusations of self-serving behavior?

Y'all keep it up on your own for a while. I am going to relax a bit on my trackhoe.
    *wife’s trackhoe
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Looking for other ways to push money around between them. 3 things you never trust, a fart, a rubber and a politician
    This, my friend, is the kind of thing that awesome t-shirts come from.

Do you believe the upper 20 ft of the cypress is critical flathead habitat or the last 5 ft and stump?
    Do you think the last 20' of a cypress is more attractive to timber buyer or the first 5' of a cypress?

Do you know the difference in $/ton for these 2 products?
    Last edited by Timberman22; 02-17-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Do you think the last 20' of a cypress is more attractive to timber buyer or the first 5' of a cypress?

Do you know the difference in $/ton for these 2 products?
    I don't, but I'd like to?

Duck Tape when he “informs us of the happenings”...

E77B5F1B-77F3-4D84-AF4C-99350F414A61.jpeg

When everyone says his idea is dumb...

CDE93533-0BAB-4CE4-A982-8EB26FB3F8CF.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I don't, but I'd like to?
    I'm not going to post prices here but cypress pulpwood is a product that we as foresters have to virtually give away. I was trying to point out or shoot holes in how this is something people in our industry aren't going to be standing in line begging for the job to harvest this wood. It's easy to talk about openly but the challenges to accomplish this task would be monumental and I feel would cost money vs. being revenue generating. Furthermore, who is going to monitor the harvesting operation from a security standpoint? Where are the eyes for supervision to keep the procurement of said dead timber from sneaking down and getting the high $ cypress but log?

I agree with timber22

The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the are good people deserving a better life.
    This is why I have a problem with you. How do you think you're going to give me a better life? Do you want to make Hwy 260 a four lane road and put a stop light up in Jordan? Yeah that sounds like progress.(sarcasm)

By the way, stop belittling people by calling them economically challenged. I'm doing okay, as are the vast majority of people I know living around the lake.

The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the are good people deserving a better life.
    I don't care what these bozos say. You a good man, Mr Lowe. Looking out for us poor folks in Clarendon and Orangeburg, even though we can't vote for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    I'm not going to post prices here but cypress pulpwood is a product that we as foresters have to virtually give away. I was trying to point out or shoot holes in how this is something people in our industry aren't going to be standing in line begging for the job to harvest this wood. It's easy to talk about openly but the challenges to accomplish this task would be monumental and I feel would cost money vs. being revenue generating. Furthermore, who is going to monitor the harvesting operation from a security standpoint? Where are the eyes for supervision to keep the procurement of said dead timber from sneaking down and getting the high $ cypress but log?
    load sheets and security cards gonna get wet, gonna need some of that rite in the rain paper fo' sho.

The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the are good people deserving a better life
    I really cannot believe you said that. It's wrong on so many levels and takes you to a new lowe

We should start a gofundme for all the poor people that live near the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I really cannot believe you said that. It's wrong on so many levels and takes you to a new lowe

We should start a gofundme for all the poor people that live near the lake.
    Kinda shocked as well. I'm trying to connect the dots though. How does clearing trees equate to a better life for economically challenge folks living around the lake?

I agree with timber22