Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

And who needs fish structure either.
    80-20 Genaration

Selfishly, it would be nice to have the dead timber on that part of the lake removed. It would be nice to cross the lake at any given spot and angle without having to worry about stumps or wind directions. It also would be nice to have more available boating areas and be able to fish that area more efficiently. I do think it would lessen boating traffic in those currently congested areas, while also not turning it into another “Murray”. A max influx of people aren’t going to come to Santee just because there is more room to run around. That’s what the lower lake is for.

Also selfishly, it would be nice to have some of that lumber from the harvested dead timber. It would be nice to have a part of history of a place I have so many memories from.

BUT, if it costs 1 penny of taxpayer dollars, or contributes to 1 more yankee moving down here - it should not happen. I don’t see any scenario where the above wouldn’t happen if the project goes through.

Just because it would be nice to have, doesn’t mean it needs to happen.
    Last edited by MDman; 02-17-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Why don't we cut these and haul them to Murray so we can curb growth.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Raise power rates to fund it and clear out all islands to increase surface water to handle more boats and jet skis. The people deserve it right ?
    Exactly.....follow in SCE&G's footsteps. Go ahead and raise utility rates of their customers by 20% so pay for these "timbermen" to come clear 37K acres of dead timber.

Shouldn't be any push back.....Tape already knows what is best for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    And who needs fish structure either.
    When is the last time you fished the vertical dead timber that stand in 25 ft depth? How did you locate said stumps. How did you stump jump for crappie if they are actually under water? Did you catfish? Run Stripers?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Was Duck tape posting to Scducks during church?

Must have been one of those services where you feel like the preacher is talking right to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    BUT, if it costs 1 penny of taxpayer dollars, or contributes to 1 more yankee moving down here - it should not happen. I don’t see any scenario where the above wouldn’t happen if the project goes through.

Other than the fact that it will cost taxpayers money, it will invite a yankee or 2, it’s just a silly idea. Almost as silly as wanting to ban pontoon boats.

Growth is ideal for polls and stats when re-election time comes around. What’s the old adage, “If you’re not growing, you’re dying.”? I guess leaving well enough alone is a thing of the past, but i think that’s what makes Marion great. Signed “Overly Sentimental” who believes some types of growth are not worth the whoring out of a resource.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Exactly.....follow in SCE&G's footsteps. Go ahead and raise utility rates of their customers by 20% so pay for these "timbermen" to come clear 37K acres of dead timber.

Shouldn't be any push back.....Tape already knows what is best for everyone.
    Boom. That is quite an insinuation from Milliken Forestry, one of our state's leading experts ...

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Almost as silly as wanting to ban pontoon boats.
    Even though I hate pontoon boats, you do realize I was kidding about banning them?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-17-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Boom. That is quite an insinuation from Milliken Forestry, one of our state's leading experts ...
    Where is the sarcasm font? Why does everyone have to take everything so seriously.

I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Suits me. Murray is just really messed up with overgrowth the last 10/years
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

However I could see a TV spun off of this idea. A few years back on the Logger show they had a couple scuba loggers reclaiming cypress on the rivers. They harvested 1 log per episode....I wonder how long it would take them to complete 37K acres.

I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Even though I hate pontoon boats, you do realize I was kidding about banning them?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I knew you were, I was messing with you. Haha

Seems like after the nuclear debacle the last thing the legislatures would want to “fix” is Santee.

Another example of hyperbole. There are enough people in this thread that see through this.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    Selfishly, it would be nice to have the dead timber on that part of the lake removed. It would be nice to cross the lake at any given spot and angle without having to worry about stumps or wind directions. It also would be nice to have more available boating areas and be able to fish that area more efficiently. I do think it would lessen boating traffic in those currently congested areas, while also not turning it into another “Murray”. A max influx of people aren’t going to come to Santee just because there is more room to run around. That’s what the lower lake is for.

Also selfishly, it would be nice to have some of that lumber from the harvested dead timber. It would be nice to have a part of history of a place I have so many memories from.

Be nice to have our roads fixed too like they said they would. Where’s that money going ?
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Seems like after the nuclear debacle the last thing the legislatures would want to “fix” is Santee.

Looking for other ways to push money around between them. 3 things you never trust, a fart, a rubber and a politician
    80-20 Genaration

Is it possible to remove the shoals on Lake Murray? I’m sure there is a sand and gravel company that would fall all over themselves for a chance to harvest the shoals

No sir, you called me ridiculous, a dick job, and accused me of felonious behavior. I did not mention the phrase dirt necks. I asked for a pic. Y'all asked what for? There were at least 50 more derogatory post in this thread alone.

Show me where I offended anyone.
    Personally, I do not get offended. My belief is that being offended is the biggest cop-out because of one's ignorance and the unwillingness to listen to someone with a different opinion. The first derogatory comment that I have ever made towards you, was in response to your own attempt to belittle me, because you felt that you were more knowledgeable about something than I. But your own ignorance and lack of knowledge about the topic is proof that you believe yourself to be above "us dirt necks." It was a crude attempt on your part, and is completely inaccurate.

I'm sure you do not need a tutorial to prove the channel does not go the length of the 20 mile lake.
    I'll not sift through all the other post to find the one where you referenced about others attacking you first, but this was your attempt to appear more knowledgeable about the topic.

You see, there is a clearly marked channel that does run the ENTIRE length of the lake. It may not be a straight shot, as some would prefer, but it does exist.

I am not opposed to a few additional cross channels being cleared, but I adamantly oppose the complete clearing.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson