Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Someone said it earlier, it's actually a blessing that the whole lake didn't get cleared. A lake full of live and dead wood is a Sportsman's paradise. The state new that and for years has marketed santee cooper lakes that way. Now that we have this big debt issue and are in the middle of talks with buyers, money, profit, and development are having to be considered by potential buyers and billions of dollars is a lot of cheddar! A buyer is going to have to seek profit from the assets of the sale in order for it to worth buying. With the debt that they are assuming, they are going to have to selll of lots of shit help pay off the debt included in the sale. Here is where the politicians get involved....it is their job to sell it to the public as benefitting the public, safety, morality, etc. They are the ones who figure out how to cover up the true intentions under the guise of Safety, morality. Look at the issues of abortion and gun control. They have sold abortion under the guise of women's health. They completely ignore the fact that their is a live human in there with a beating heart and say a woman should choose whether she wants it or not. Taking away guns will make us safer they say. Let's look back through history and see what happens to defenseless people. Now come on people....just how do you think politicians increase their net worth from being in office????
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-17-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Someone said it earlier, it's actually a blessing that the whole lake didn't get cleared. A lake full of live and dead wood is a Sportsman's paradise. The state new that and for years has marketed santee cooper lakes that way. Now that we have this big debt issue and are in the middle of talks with buyers, money, profit, and development are having to be considered by potential buyers and billions of dollars is a lot of cheddar! A buyer is going to have to seek profit from the assets of the sale in order for it to worth buying.
    If this guy understands it, and you don't, you have other motivations beyond duck hunting.

That is OK. We all have our motivations...

Cotton top could teach college classes

Cotton top on cocaine could teach at Yale

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Once again, you don't know what your talking about.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure you know what your talking about. Sorry but clearing some of the timber in the middle of the lake won’t do shit for drifting logs when storms come. Think about how big the lake is.

Y'all are not telling Lowe what he wants to hear, so it's more of the same from him!
    This dumbass project is supported by the same people who want no grass on the lake and if it were approved, would cost SC taxpayers millions!
    Imaging how many logging operations it will take to rid a 37,000 acre wetland of all standing and dead timber?
    Furthermore, no logger I know is going to cut standing dead timber anyway with his fellerbuncher..... So, it becomes a much more laborious task and even more expensive!
    Dumb as a box of fucking rubber rocks....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 02-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

This brilliance supercedes the bridge to nowhere in dumbassery... Fuk, I'm sure Clyboom will be along shortly claiming this will be the perfect time to build!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 02-17-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Imaging how many logging operations it will take to rid a 37,000 acre wetland of all standing and dead timber?
    Furthermore, no logger I know is going to cut standing dead timber anyway with his fellerbuncher..... So, it becomes a much more laborious task and even more expensive!
    speaking here as a forester, a timber broker/mill supplier, and logger...I agree completely with the above statement.

I just cant imagine the risk liability with cutting dead snags in water. Hell, we dont cut dead snags on dry ground. If landowners want them cut or dropped we throw live trees into them to knock them over safely.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    I’m not sure you know what your talking about. Sorry but clearing some of the timber in the middle of the lake won’t do shit for drifting logs when storms come. Think about how big the lake is.
    That's just crazy talk. Nothing ever comes from above the I-95 bridge.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If this guy understands it, and you don't, you have other motivations beyond duck hunting.

That is OK. We all have our motivations...
    Are you referring to me Jab?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If it can be done without costing the taxpayers.....it should be.

From Harry's to Randolph's is normally a safe ride. It was a mine field in November after the storms. The barge removed logs for weeks. It's finally safe.....until the next big wind event.

The problem for these self proclaimed navigation experts is......these vertical logs drift into the channels all the time. There is one right now between Nelson's and the Red Banks. Two weeks ago there were two in the channel markers crossing over to the brickyard.

Again....no taxpayers funding, cut the stumps, and ban pontoons.

So the timber harvested is going to pay for this whole project without any taxpayer dollars?

DT, didn't you have land near Lake Marion that was one day going to be developed?
    Last edited by SOUTHERN WOODS; 02-17-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Y'all put them phones up in church!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Are you referring to me Jab?
    That post was in no way referring to you. We all have our motivations.

I understand that you must have the economic interests of your constituency first and foremost at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    So the timber harvested is going to pay for this whole project without any taxpayer dollars?

DT, didn't you have land near Lake Marion that was one day going to be developed?
    Who knows? There is no plan at this time.

Y'all continue to suggest there is something in this for me or I am a part of some plot to develop the lake. Every time you do you call me a liar.

I have one house on Eagle Point at Wyboo. I used to lease a piece at Taw Caw for duck hunting. I have not since around 2009. I have not met with, talked to texted or had any communication with any person, entity, agency that even remotely is considering development. This request that is coming directly from me. If there are any unintended consequences derived out of improving navigation on Lake Marion they are purely speculative in nature and occur as a side benefit the same as paving a road, repairing a boat ramp or filling a pothole. I cannot deny that all of the above can impact economic development. You cannot deny that a safer lake does not benefit the current users.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I’m sure “you” haven’t met with any of these entities, people or agencies. That certainly doesn’t preclude that said talks aren’t being had by others. This just didn’t pop out of thin air from your head to a proposed question on SCDucks. If so, it will go down as unbelievable coincidence and I will stand corrected.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Who knows? There is no plan at this time.

Y'all continue to suggest there is something in this for me or I am a part of some plot to develop the lake. Every time you do you call me a liar.

I have one house on Eagle Point at Wyboo. I used to lease a piece at Taw Caw for duck hunting. I have not since around 2009. I have not met with, talked to texted or had any communication with any person, entity, agency that even remotely is considering development. This request that is coming directly from me. If there are any unintended consequences derived out of improving navigation on Lake Marion they are purely speculative in nature and occur as a side benefit the same as paving a road, repairing a boat ramp or filling a pothole. I cannot deny that all of the above can impact economic development. You cannot deny that a safer lake does not benefit the current users.
    I didn't call you anything just asked a question.

Bunn, what would you say is an "average" run in a bass boat from Randolph's to Pack's?
    From John C Land to Packs tressel is 30 minutes. Add 15 minutes to the mouth of Broadwater and 10 more to the Forks.

Thank you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    LMAO....... Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Y'all are not telling Lowe what he wants to hear, so it's more of the same from him!
    This dumbass project is supported by the same people who want no grass on the lake and if it were approved, would cost SC taxpayers millions!
    I’m sure someone will cut it for the right money. Santee Cooper has plenty to piss away
    80-20 Genaration

Of course. We can't let the Beach Company benefit on one end of the lake and allow the Pack family to suffer the stumps on the other end...
    Raise power rates to fund it and clear out all islands to increase surface water to handle more boats and jet skis. The people deserve it right ?
    80-20 Genaration