Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    While I have heard people who live on the lake complain and heard they intended to clear it before the war stopped it, I started this discussion all by myself. I have not talked to any developing group. I have a bakehouse on Lake Marion. It is not for sale and never will be.

The users of the lake deserve better.

This endeavor will have a plan put together by experts. The surrounding community will have the ability to have input into the plan.

Development is not my purpose. I would expect the surrounding communities to see potential economic advantages from any improvement. That includes paved roads, public landings and stocked fish.

If this site does not want me to continue bringing ideas to the forefront or warning them of legislation, just say so. We have the chairman of Ways and Means in Sumter and myself on the committee and chairing the subcommittee that has DNR and the Conservation Bank Budgets. We have an opportunity to make a difference.

I enjoy the playful banter on here and love to get your goat on occasion, BUT i have had enough of the personal insults, slanderous comments, and conspiracy theories. You can read about what we did instead of me asking your opinion.
    The site appreciates you bringing ideas to the forefront. What the site also appreciates is the ability to debate you, voice its opinion, and have discussion that reflects different opinions/views.

What I don’t appreciate is your bullying of folks that don’t share your opinion. The fact that you don’t seem to realize that you’re a bully speaks to your entitlement and lack of self awareness. There is enough precedent in issues you have previously brought to this site to question your motives. You are not above that question, nor am I.

It is clear that you are in a powerful position, and I can only hope that you use that position to better the resources of SC. If this project makes the state of SC a better place, I’ll applaud your efforts. I’ve admitted that I am not anywhere near knowledgeable on this topic, much less an expert.

I do think it’s fair for this site to question your motivation. If your bakehouse remains a bakehouse, I hope you and your family enjoy it. If it becomes more than that, I hope the rising tide raises all ships. If you can look me in the eye and tell me that your political agenda has never resulted in your family’s financial gain, I’ll be out. No poll needed.

Go Tigers
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I enjoy the playful banter on here and love to get your goat on occasion, BUT i have had enough of the personal insults, slanderous comments, and conspiracy theories. You can read about what we did instead of me asking your opinion.
    So what you’re saying is, everyone is right that if you don’t receive high praise from all, about every thought you convey, you act like a spoiled child.

Why don't you read the 20 pages of posts and count all the ones where I offended you.

Then count the ones that may have offended me.

Then tell me you would subject yourself to the criticism on behalf of the sport we all enjoy.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The site appreciates you bringing ideas to the forefront. What the site also appreciates is the ability to debate you, voice its opinion, and have discussion that reflects different opinions/views.

What I don’t appreciate is your bullying of folks that don’t share your opinion. The fact that you don’t seem to realize that you’re a bully speaks to your entitlement and lack of self awareness. There is enough precedent in issues you have previously brought to this site to question your motives. You are not above that question, nor am I.

It is clear that you are in a powerful position, and I can only hope that you use that position to better the resources of SC. If this project makes the state of SC a better place, I’ll applaud your efforts. I’ve admitted that I am not anywhere near knowledgeable on this topic, much less an expert.

I do think it’s fair for this site to question your motivation. If your bakehouse remains a bakehouse, I hope you and your family enjoy it. If it becomes more than that, I hope the rising tide raises all ships. If you can look me in the eye and tell me that your political agenda has never resulted in your family’s financial gain, I’ll be out. No poll needed.

Go Tigers
    See you could not be courteous for one full post. You accuse me of seeking financial gain through my legislative service.

The users of the lake deserve better.
    Says you.

. That includes paved roads, public landings and stocked fish.
    We need to cut all the trees to get that?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    So what you’re saying is, everyone is right that if you don’t receive high praise from all, about every thought you convey, you act like a spoiled child.

I informed all of you publicly. You can disagree here and later at the meetings. This proposal is not a quick sneaky legislative mission. I will be planned by the Army Corp, Santee, PSC, and DNR with all the accompanying meetings for public stakeholder input. I cannot see how you can complain. Disagreement is your prerogative.

Why don't you read the 20 pages of posts and count all the ones where I offended you.

Then count the ones that may have offended me.

Then tell me you would subject yourself to the criticism on behalf of the sport we all enjoy.
    I haven’t made one post in this thread that should have offended you. I have questioned you, no doubt. I would assume that you don’t feel that you are above scrutiny.

You chose to subject yourself to this criticism when you sought office, and offered yourself on this site. If you didn’t know that, I can’t really help you understand. You seem to say “look at me, I’m an open book”, and out of the other side of your mouth “you guys are meanies”.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I feel that I have been fair with you. I will BS all day long, but in a thread of this manner, I hold myself to a higher standard. I feel that your position implies a higher standard. If you don’t see it that way, again, not sure what to say.

Murrell’s mother taught me 8th grade English.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

[QUOTE=lowcountryboiled;2590980

We need to cut all the trees to get that?[/QUOTE]

No but all of these things impact the development and use of the resource just like removing 25 ft dead timber located 6 inches below the surface rendering 37,000 acres of a lake dangerous at speeds greater than idle.

See you could not be courteous for one full post. You accuse me of seeking financial gain through my legislative service.
    I don’t feel that I’m being discourteous to state something that I believe. I haven’t called you names or said anything that I believe would not be simple to prove. I don’t think, for the record, that you’re an outlier. I think most politicians use their position for their financial gain, either directly or indirectly. I can’t really blame them for that. Not blaming them for it doesn’t mean I have to blindly accept it.

You are the one that said that you were out. That didn’t require a poll.

I am a stickler for manners, and haven’t deviated from that in this thread. I feel that I’ve been both forthright and respectful.

Regardless of the results of any poll, your hubris won’t allow you to stay away.
    Your respectful posts sir:::

1 We should cut and stump all public lands. I can't currently drive 50 mph across every inch of any of them., even in a Big Yellow Taxi Plain old sarcasm for your first.

2 I hope you're not as ridiculous in real life. I hoped to introduce myself yesterday, but you didn't show. BBQ was good

3 There is plenty of access to thousands of acres of the lake. There is plenty of open, navigable lake access in this state.

4 I used to think all politicians were like you. I’ve spent more time engaging politicians lately, and I was wrong. They aren’t all self serving dick jobs like you are. You ask for input, until you are challenged. You respond by belittling your challengers and flexing your intellect. That works against people with lesser intellect.

How many houses were on Lake Marion during WW2? How many jet skis? Wake boats?

If you desired a different outcome, you could craft a great argument that the inability to complete the clearing has been a blessing.
    The issue that I have is not the project necessarily. I haven’t spent more than 40 hours on this portion of the lake in my life, and I know that you have. I don’t have enough knowledge of this piece of the world to speak intelligently about it.

What I do have knowledge of is the consistency Representative Lowe has shown in his behavior in Columbia and on this site. He handles every issue in the same manner. It is not issue specific because it is who he is at the core. He believes he is smarter than everyone. He doesn’t truly want the opinions of others because he doesn’t respect others or their opinions. I can guarantee that there is something in this for him, or his wife. There always has been.

Part of me admires his capitalism, the use of his resources to enjoy time with his family, and working to give his family a better life. I can relate to those things. He likes to subtly rub peoples faces in it, but that’s just what he does.

At the core, he believes he’s better than you. He is going to respond at some point today that we should file and run against him. He always does. I don’t want his job. I like my job. He could do his job without being condescending, but that’s not who he is, and his constituents elected him. The devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don’t.

5. Par

6 This is a perfect example of an issue I have with you. He is voicing a common opinion, and you go straight to hyperbole. Of course no one wants to stop all building, end the timber industry, and stop all commercial initiatives. That’s ridiculous and you know it. You use this tactic to nip any discussion that questions your position in the bud.

7 Directed at Bog : Man, those places sound incredibly dangerous. Tons of deaths and serious injuries, especially of children,
    must occur annually. Where can I find the records of all of these accidents?

8 I’m sure with 10 minutes of research (which I don’t care to do), the agenda would be quite clear.

9. You’ve resurrected yourself more than Jesus and M2 combined

I don’t feel that I’m being discourteous to state something that I believe. I haven’t called you names or said anything that I believe would not be simple to prove. I don’t think, for the record, that you’re an outlier. I think most politicians use their position for their financial gain, either directly or indirectly. I can’t really blame them for that. Not blaming them for it doesn’t mean I have to blindly accept it.
    If you care to bring your insults to me in Cola this week I will be there.

I thought you were “out” about 50 posts ago? You’re like a damn rash that won’t go away.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I thought you were “out” about 50 posts ago? You’re like a damn rash that won’t go away.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not enough gold bond applied

If you care to bring your insults to me in Cola this week I will be there.
    Insults? Those are a feather tickle compared to what most politicians endure. Perhaps a thicker skin should be on the menu? There isn’t anyone on this forum that will debate you with less insulting insinuations. Going the route of “you hurt my feelings” shows the unwillingness to combat superior intellect. This isn’t anything I didn’t expect, but just felt I’d point it out.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

I shouldn’t have referred to politicians as “dick jobs” and drawn a direct line to your behavior. I also shouldn’t have gone with “the devil you know” deal, but that is common jargon among us dirt necks.

The rest of what you have pointed out is fair and legitimate criticism. I’m ok with that and accept it of myself.

Did you really think you would propose anything here, ask for comment, and receive a parade? I can’t quite figure out what you try to accomplish here. It is clear that debate is not your desire.

If he wanted to debate he would have asked for opinions and pros vrs cons. Seems like that would have been the better option in my opinion.

I shouldn’t have referred to politicians as “dick jobs” and drawn a direct line to your behavior. I also shouldn’t have gone with “the devil you know” deal, but that is common jargon among us dirt necks.

The rest of what you have pointed out is fair and legitimate criticism. I’m ok with that and accept it of myself.

Did you really think you would propose anything here, ask for comment, and receive a parade? I can’t quite figure out what you try to accomplish here. It is clear that debate is not your desire.
    No sir, you called me ridiculous, a dick job, and accused me of felonious behavior. I did not mention the phrase dirt necks. I asked for a pic. Y'all asked what for? There were at least 50 more derogatory post in this thread alone.

Show me where I offended anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I know most most of you fellas got brand spankin new rigs and what not but you ain't a true dirt neck unless you've man handled you motor. I've been fishing twice in my life and in my boat where the steering locked up in the water and had to disconnect the steering rod and hold the motor while someone else drove. It's a 75 hp and for shits and giggles, we ran that bitch on plane all of the place striper fishing! You should have seen the looks on people's faces as we drove past. The guy running the throttle has to give command as to the direction to twist the motor. Man that bitch was hard to hold straight getting some speed but once on plane she turned with ease!
    I came in from the Big Rock off Morehead City with no steering and right thru the inlet, 56 miles. Took the cowl off a 250hp and tied two ropes to the powerhead and ran each one thru a cleat on each gunnel and drove it like reins on a horse.

we still ain't seen a pic yet
    Oh and let's toss in a "Fuck Climp5in" just for old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    we still ain't seen a pic yet
    77452455-4955-4824-B6E8-156ECCEA038D.jpg