Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    This is a perfect example of an issue I have with you. He is voicing a common opinion, and you go straight to hyperbole. Of course no one wants to stop all building, end the timber industry, and stop all commercial initiatives. That’s ridiculous and you know it. You use this tactic to nip any discussion that questions your position in the bud.
    Like I said. Petulant. Spoiled. Entitled.

Trying to say that the lake is fully developed is assanine. Again, just take the play out of the lake Murray handbook. Tear down an old development, move the lot lines to make lots smaller, and resell them for more money than the lot and house cost the developer. Quit playing stupid with this group and tell us what you and your buddies really want. You have an opportunity to be the first to get this devopment started in the area and can’t wait to ruin this lake just like the others. At least you manned up and said you don’t want our opinion on the matter. Hate it took me this long to figure out that the entire reason you are on this site is to use it as an ego trip. You get off to the fact that we can’t do a damn thing to stop your personal agenda and when you have just one person agree with you then you feel verified. Hopefully there are still enough hurdles in the way of this project to stop you and all those like you.
    For the ducks

See ya at the meetings. OUT
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It’s already being done. Didn’t you see where he said the first “logger” is getting trees already? He wasn’t asking our opinion. He was looking for “gee what a terrific job you’ve done.”
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Pissing down your back and telling you it’s raining
    Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Yep, tells you hes wanting some feedback for this "plan" of his, and then once it backfires and he knows hes pissed people off he just goes ahead and tells you its already happening, to piss you off further.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    This is a perfect example of an issue I have with you. He is voicing a common opinion, and you go straight to hyperbole. Of course no one wants to stop all building, end the timber industry, and stop all commercial initiatives. That’s ridiculous and you know it. You use this tactic to nip any discussion that questions your position in the bud.
    And there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    You need to call the governor. That is not his plan. We need to stop all initiatives through the Commerce Dept. Start by telling all the folks in the building industry and it's suppliers to find a new job. Be sure to let Timberman22 that he needs to do something else.

Interesting, I never figured removing dead trees from navigable water to be our Waterloo.
    Duck Tape, obviously you have me confused as a timber pimp or pen hooker, this is not the case. I am a consulting forester who works for a firm that are fuduciary's to $4,000,000,000.00+ (billion) in land/timber assets. We don't go out chasing under water ancient logs or dead forests to sell. Our core business structure is not selling timber on a day to basis the way it used to be rather an advisory role to their asset. I enjoy what I do and would prefer to stay in this career path.

Furthermore, we have done work for Santee Cooper over the years. There's more to just sending an RFP out and beginning work. Don't forget to consult with the SC Forestry Commission, DHEC, and SC BMP Guidelines. You will not just drop the water level and have skidders, bunchers, and logging equipment running around harvesting dead timber. 37,000 acres to cover with maybe 1/3 load of timber/acre. There's not a conventional logger within 500 miles interested in that style of work. I view this project as having to pay someone to complete vs. "timberman" interested in accomplishing it for you.

Some things are left well enough alone.
    Last edited by Timberman22; 02-15-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Duck Tape, obviously you have me confused as a timber pimp or pen hooker, this is not the case. I am a consulting forester who works for a firm that are fuduciary's to $4,000,000,000.00+ (billion) in land/timber assets. We don't go out chasing under water ancient logs or dead forests to sell. Our core business structure is not selling timber on a day to basis the way it used to be rather an advisory role to their asset. I enjoy what I do and would prefer to stay in this career path.

Furthermore, we have done work for Santee Cooper over the years. There's more to just sending an RFP out and beginning work. Don't forget to consult with the SC Forestry Commission, DHEC, and SC BMP Guidelines. You will not just drop the water level and have skidders, bunchers, and logging equipment running around harvesting dead timber. 37,000 acres to cover with maybe 1/3 load of timber/acre. There's not a conventional logger within 500 miles interested in that style of work. I view this project as having to pay someone to complete vs. "timberman" interested in accomplishing it for you.

Some things are left well enough alone.
    I believe the insinuation was that if government stopped development that somehow many of us, yourself included would be out of job.

Don't spend too much time trying to follow the logic.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 02-15-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Please, please leave the stumps, and let the lake be what it is!

Let's just hope DT doesn't buy any property near Georgetown. We will be clearing creeks of oysters and sandbars so he can run them unheeded.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I honestly wish he would quit asking for people's opinions when obviously they don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Here he is running the lake and pulling ancient cypress...

shelby_stanga_axe_men_1-670x405.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

At the end of the day, the stakeholder meetings will be where the rubber meets the road.

Duck hunters will not bring enough people to "keep it like it is" over the landowners and developers who want to turn Marion into every other lake out there.

I can't begrudge those who own property and businesses in the lake region the economic opportunity that such a plan will bring about. I also can't help but feel sad that such unique luck that we all had with Marion being left in the state that it was because of a war, will be pimped out...

Progress. It is what it is...

Lake of the Ozarks...

Southeast Edition.

Here's hoping Ruth shows up.

I’m in favor of anything involving Ruth.

Langmore, not Charles.

At least it's far enough away from Charlotte..

I mean y'all have got that going for ya

It will be interesting to see what happens with all the leasehold interests if Santee Cooper is bought out.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens with all the leasehold interests if Santee Cooper is bought out.
    All sorts of things will be on the table from FERC rules on down. Just because it is "wildlife habitat" now, does not mean a thing if the Legislature decides to boost value of this property.

Self centered.
    It's like saying: I'd like to fuck you. Then the next night you mysteriously wake up and feel the penetration and saying no isn't an option bc of the hand over your mouth.
    Y'all should know by now if he's talking about it his pants are already on the floor and we have been bent over.

Not a liar. Please. Take that garbage elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    All sorts of things will be on the table from FERC rules on down. Just because it is "wildlife habitat" now, does not mean a thing if the Legislature decides to boost value of this property.
    Archibald Rutledge is rolling in his grave.
    DILLIGAF