Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The issue that I have is not the project necessarily. I haven’t spent more than 40 hours on this portion of the lake in my life, and I know that you have. I don’t have enough knowledge of this piece of the world to speak intelligently about it.

What I do have knowledge of is the consistency Representative Lowe has shown in his behavior in Columbia and on this site. He handles every issue in the same manner. It is not issue specific because it is who he is at the core. He believes he is smarter than everyone. He doesn’t truly want the opinions of others because he doesn’t respect others or their opinions. I can guarantee that there is something in this for him, or his wife. There always has been.

Part of me admires his capitalism, the use of his resources to enjoy time with his family, and working to give his family a better life. I can relate to those things. He likes to subtly rub peoples faces in it, but that’s just what he does.

At the core, he believes he’s better than you. He is going to respond at some point today that we should file and run against him. He always does. I don’t want his job. I like my job. He could do his job without being condescending, but that’s not who he is, and his constituents elected him. The devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don’t.

Every bit of this^^^^

Again, we get to see Phillip for what he truly is. He comes here under the guise of (forgive me, these are loose quotes) "taking the pulse of South Carolina sportsmen". He "wants our input to help him influence policy". The reality is that he doesn't give a tinker's damn about any of your opinions on any given subject, he's just here to let us know how much smarter he is than all us dirtnecks.....

A1EA9C52-A740-49C6-BD28-FA7F1828BF87.jpgok. You caught me. My wife just bought me this one and I can’t get to my crappie hole without busting a prop.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    A1EA9C52-A740-49C6-BD28-FA7F1828BF87.jpgok. You caught me. My wife just bought me this one and I can’t get to my crappie hole without busting a prop.
    Par
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

On a related note, my neighbor captains for a guy who has a ton of money. He recently bought a new 65' center console with 5 627 outboards across the back!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    Keep my name out of this circle jerk! �� I'm not sure if Bog or the politician knows but "dead/rotten" timber is not worth anything....much less finding a mill to take it. Hell the mills are full of wood and have people on quota while the woods are still saturated. Y'all think they're going to open the gates for "dead/rotten" wood. Seems like writing legislation for reducing or imposing a squirrel limit would be a higher priority?
    Yeah I can't keep up with the plan. Bog says it's going to remove the dead stumps. DT says it won't touch the stumps. And is gonna cut the standing trees 10 ft below the surface. Now he's mentioning old growth logs on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The issue that I have is not the project necessarily. I haven’t spent more than 40 hours on this portion of the lake in my life, and I know that you have. I don’t have enough knowledge of this piece of the world to speak intelligently about it.

What I do have knowledge of is the consistency Representative Lowe has shown in his behavior in Columbia and on this site. He handles every issue in the same manner. It is not issue specific because it is who he is at the core. He believes he is smarter than everyone. He doesn’t truly want the opinions of others because he doesn’t respect others or their opinions. I can guarantee that there is something in this for him, or his wife. There always has been.

Part of me admires his capitalism, the use of his resources to enjoy time with his family, and working to give his family a better life. I can relate to those things. He likes to subtly rub peoples faces in it, but that’s just what he does.

At the core, he believes he’s better than you. He is going to respond at some point today that we should file and run against him. He always does. I don’t want his job. I like my job. He could do his job without being condescending, but that’s not who he is, and his constituents elected him. The devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don’t.
    Bewm
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

does anyone here actually think there is a snowballs chance in hell that this EVER happens?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeah I can't keep up with the plan. Bog says it's going to remove the dead stumps. DT says it won't touch the stumps. And is gonna cut the standing trees 10 ft below the surface. Now he's mentioning old growth logs on the bottom.
    With such ambiguity with this "plan" you can understand why most have questions about
    the motives here. I would be more interested to know who brought this urgent dilemma to Duct Tapes attention. I mean it's only been this way since the 1940's.
    Freedom nor slavery favor any particular race or people

Manhattan is congested not Charleston.
    Sure it is buddy. These other fellas might not see it but I will bet the farm your intentions aren't for the greater good of the lakes current residents. With the explosive growth in Charleston there isn't but one direction for people to come, West. Volvo is up and running, Nexton is its own town, a lot of stuff is moving this way and its bringing people. For a capitalist such as yourself you can take advantage of this by pushing to make the lake more attractive, Period. If its really about navigation clear out an additional channel or 2 and lets call it a day.

Because we have enough political muscle interested in remedying an old problem. There is no hidden financial agenda. I have not talked to one timber person or company, not one developer, not one councilman, not one landowner...
    except Inky. And we all know he ruined a motor once.
    Political muscle. Get lost man. Don't forget where your muscle comes from. And you've yet to clearly define the problem. Show me the data...show me the wreck and death totals caused by the trees. As someone mentioned...you are manufacturing a problem to your own benefit. But at least you'll be able to have your late night martini.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Where is the congestion in the creeks? I was on the Lake every Saturday and Sunday in June and July, didn't miss a weekend, from the river to the locks, Wyboo to Santee, there was no congestion. Shem creek is congested not lake Marion, This is a manufactured problem.
    Manhattan is congested not Charleston.
    Charleston is congested with people from Manhattan. In fact, NY is ranked the number one state in which people relocate from in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Sure it is buddy. These other fellas might not see it but I will bet the farm your intentions aren't for the greater good of the lakes current residents. With the explosive growth in Charleston there isn't but one direction for people to come, West. Volvo is up and running, Nexton is its own town, a lot of stuff is moving this way and its bringing people. For a capitalist such as yourself you can take advantage of this by pushing to make the lake more attractive, Period. If its really about navigation clear out an additional channel or 2 and lets call it a day.
    Of course not. Why would he care about the residents of the lake. Those aren't his constituents. He reps Florence and Darlington.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I doubt that outboard motor mechanics would be in favor of it. That lake eats more props and lower units than a democrat takes under the table money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Of course not. Why would he care about the residents of the lake. Those aren't his constituents. He reps Florence and Darlington.
    Because he has a house there along with many of his constituents form those counties!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Please don't do this DT. There are a lot of unintended things that can/might happen. We all have our opinions whether these unintended consequences are good or bad and we’re all probably only half-right. The overwhelming reason to not do it is simply that these stumps are not currently a problem that anybody wants solved. Please don’t do the normal government thing of solving a problem that doesn’t exist.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

It’s already being done. Didn’t you see where he said the first “logger” is getting trees already? He wasn’t asking our opinion. He was looking for “gee what a terrific job you’ve done.”

Pissing down your back and telling you it’s raining
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It’s already being done. Didn’t you see where he said the first “logger” is getting trees already? He wasn’t asking our opinion. He was looking for “gee what a terrific job you’ve done.”
    Yep, tells you hes wanting some feedback for this "plan" of his, and then once it backfires and he knows hes pissed people off he just goes ahead and tells you its already happening, to piss you off further.

The simple fact is most of you hate government and anything that comes from it. I get it. I have dealt with this mess fro 13 years.

I bring a simple idea I thought everyone would agree with but...

We find ourselves at a dilemma that is broader than this issue.

Do we as South Carolinians want growth or not? Do we want jobs, development, an influx of out of staters?

I completely understand how someone in Charleston would say no. Enough is enough. I doubt you will find many of the folks in the counties surrounding the lake that would agree. They wish for the same as we all do. They want a decent job and want their kids near them. There are very few areas that border Lake Marion that have grown economically enough for a child to return to after their education. Most have to leave.

I will admit clearing these stumps makes the lake a more attractive place for development. For me it makes it more usable for recreation. There is always a price that wildlife pays when access is easier and safer for humans. I also recognize this and have spent my life supporting conservation.

I look forward to any input here and at public meetings for the stakeholders surrounding the lake. If they do not want it I will not pursue it.

The simple fact is most of you hate government and anything that comes from it. I get it. I have dealt with this mess fro 13 years.

I bring a simple idea I thought everyone would agree with but...

We find ourselves at a dilemma that is broader than this issue.

Do we as South Carolinians want growth or not? Do we want jobs, development, an influx of out of staters?

I completely understand how someone in Charleston would say no. Enough is enough. I doubt you will find many of the folks in the counties surrounding the lake that would agree. They wish for the same as we all do. They want a decent job and want their kids near them. There are very few areas that border Lake Marion that have grown economically enough for a child to return to after their education. Most have to leave.

I will admit clearing these stumps makes the lake a more attractive place for development. For me it makes it more usable for recreation. There is always a price that wildlife pays when access is easier and safer for humans. I also recognize this and have spent my life supporting conservation.

I look forward to any input here and at public meetings for the stakeholders surrounding the lake. If they do not want it I will not pursue it.
    Growth...Organic sure, but at what cost. Jobs, we have them. Development..no. And for petes sake...there are enough out of staters already here. Don't give them another reason to come and stay.

When I asked Santee about this as a project they told me about someone who was already getting the floating timber, planning to get those pre-cut trees off the bottom in front of the saw mill, and were required to cut a short boating lane.

When they told me he was paying Santee per board foot I realized a plan to clear vertical timber was a real possibility.

Y'all can stop with the anterior motives and conspiracy theories. You may not like me but I am no liar.