Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

After the census we will go through redistricting. We have to create districts with approx 41,000 people. When you have an area as red on the map as the Pee Dee you will lose a seat. They will pick it up and move your house district number to Horry County. Two reps will be combined into one district and one will lose the next election.

Y'all really gonna let this part of his statement slip through the crack. The way I read it says I need to bring people to certain counties or I might loose might seat at the table.

Fewer politicians is a bad thing said no one ever
    Last edited by joshua2; 02-14-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

The dates to sign up to run in an election is March 15-30.

There will never be fewer. There will always be 124 house members. The districts will change every 10 years to reflect population changes. I expect 3-5 complete collapses of seats that are moved to the growth areas. The Pee Dee will be one of those. It could be mine.

The purpose of the map was merely to show where the population growth is and is not occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    After the census we will go through redistricting. We have to create districts with approx 41,000 people. When you have an area as red on the map as the Pee Dee you will lose a seat. They will pick it up and move your house district number to Horry County. Two reps will be combined into one district and one will lose the next election.

Y'all really gonna let this part of his statement slip through the crack. The way I read it says I need to bring people to certain counties or I might loose might seat at the table.

Fewer politicians is a bad thing said no one ever
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Growth will never be equal. We have to equalize the population of our districts every 10 years.

Moultrie does not have the stumps. They are much closer to the urban sprawl.

Is that lake crowded "like Murray"?
    Jwilliams beat me too it but this statement is some kind of stupid. I will be glad to to take you to Moultrie and run your boat in what you presume to be stump free areas and show you how ignorant that statement is. The reason Moultrie does not have the development and crowds that Murray has, has nothing to do with stumps but more to do with the fact that the land surrounding the lake does not have access to the realtively small area that is stump free. Most of if not all of the suitable land for development is already developed. I really hope you do more research and educate yourself better when voting on things that affect whatever district you are representing.

All lakes have stumps. I do not plan to argue with y'all over semantics. If you enjoy both lakes you know where I'm going.

Some of you would argue with a stop sign.

Some of you want to poor mouth, while bitching about wrecking your 75k dollar boat on stumps after DT was trying to point out there are less stumps than Marion. The wording was poor, but the point was there isn't this housing boom around Moultrie.

He is trying to explain how the game is played. You all want to make up rules and or super impose your views on the GA of SC. If you want to try and change the rules to the game run for office.

I'm glad there will not be any prayer sessions over the stumps, but so far DT has been upfront and very candid over his will to protect the natural resources. Sometimes doing something proactive that appears to be a give away to the other side may just be a trojan horse that keeps the power with the current side.

Most of you are of the opinion if the lake is easier to navigate yankees will all of a sudden come down by the ferry load from Disney World.

If that was gonna happen it would have already happened on the lower lake.

By making the lake more navigable you will encourage use by natives first. They will be the mechanism that retards the yankees from coming in.

They will be the folks that keep the lake from selling.

Let the lake sell, and be sold to a developer and those stumps will be the least of your problems.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by smithdc2 View Post
    Yea. I'll second that. Above 378 on the way to the Russell dam you can fuck up.
    That's pretty much the stretch I am talking about. They really don't help you any with the way they have the river marked or lack thereof.. My cousin sat his boat down on top of a tree (all he could guess) and ripped every fin off his prop.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Can someone give me some cliff notes, because this looks like 35 pages of a world class clusterfuk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Can someone give me some cliff notes, because this looks like 35 pages of a world class clusterfuk?
    Sure thing. Yankees suck. No stumps in moultrie, safe to run where ever you please. Need navigable lanes in Marion so I can run from cow pasture straight across to belles, the hydrologic manager for Santee Cooper is a genius and is being recruited to run planned parenthood

Ha!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Sure thing. Yankees suck. No stumps in moultrie, safe to run where ever you please. Need navigable lanes in Marion so I can run from cow pasture straight across to belles, the hydrologic manager for Santee Cooper is a genius and is being recruited to run planned parenthood
    Lmao
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Cliff notes will ruin our chance of making it to 50 pages.

Oh and buy land around the lake. The prices are going to skyrocket.

Oh and buy land around the lake. The prices are going to skyrocket.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    That’s the best.

Get some decrease done on the SAV eradication, keep on pushing those CAT 1 issues and I will move to one of those low density areas ( closer to the lake of course) thinking NW side of Marion. In trade I will bring two producing companies with me .
    Last edited by Strick9; 02-14-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

I put a bill in to change the makeup of the board in charge of aquatic veg in the Santee lakes. It failed.

I put a proviso in to prevent state dollars to pay for carp . It passed.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-14-2020 at 10:14 PM.

I put 3.2 million in WMA's. It got cut to 2.7. Still time to lose it all. DNR asked for zero.
    Last edited by Duck Tape; 02-14-2020 at 10:14 PM.

I put 3.2 million in WMA's. It got cut to 2.7. Still time to lose it all. DNR asked for zero.
    Zero?
    Like they think they are well funded and doing the best that can be done?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a proviso in to prevent state dollars to pay for carp . It passed.
    Who has been paying for them?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Santee Cooper and DNR cost share the two lakes.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.