Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

So I know this is a long shot but here it goes.... I put my home up for sale several months ago. We got it under contract in December and was supposed to close on January 15th. I get a call from my realtor on January 7 that my buyers are getting a government loan and the government shutdown will put a delay on the deal because they couldn’t lend money while under a shutdown. So, I had to tell the people that owned the house we were going to rent that we would not be renting it in January like we had planned. They put it back on the market and rented it the next day. I get a call today that they are going to close next week, to which I said “not possible”. I now have 2 weeks to find a used mobile home to set on my property for 2-3 months while my shed/man cave is built and I can move into it while my house is being built. I would greatly appreciate anyone having any leads on a used mobile home big enough to house me, wife, and 2 boys. I can’t afford to spend $40,000 on something to only be used for 2-3 months. I am hoping to find something in the $20,000-25,000 neighborhood. Keep in mind that if it is going to come from out of Dorchester County and moved into the county, it can’t be a wind zone 1 rating.

I am never ceased to be amazed at the stuff found through this site and am throwing a shot in the dark here. As time is a big factor, it must be move-in ready.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I know a guy that is selling a fifth wheel, he was in the same situation. It’s a little over your price.17553338-B149-47BF-9C86-4B1B6262E01E.jpg
    Last edited by 12341234; 02-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

tough break man, good luck on finding something suitable.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Was gonna suggest a fifth wheel as well. Easier to move and flip for that time frame.

tell your realtor you will close if you can rent the house from the new buyer for at least 30 days to give you adequate time to find a rental. Not sure the situation they are in but I doubt the buyer would balk if they had to start the home buying process over again if this deal fell through. You were put in a tough spot by no fault of your own. Damn if I’d buy a MH, and pay to have it moved and set up twice. You can pay a lot of rent for 20 to 25k.

Are there not short term furnished leases around your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoods View Post
    tell your realtor you will close if you can rent the house from the new buyer for at least 30 days to give you adequate time to find a rental.
    We did this when selling our first house over 20 years ago. Ours sold within the first month we listed it and we had no leads on a new house. With a pregnant wife at the time, it was a great relief to be able to do this. Have your realtor negotiate your terms with them. Get it written into the closing documents as well as the amount of rent to be paid.

If this does not work, that fifth wheel appears to be a good alternate.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input so far. Due to being 6’8” and some health issues, I don’t think a camper is an option. But it may be a last resort

Another bump

5th wheel is the way to go if you can tolerate the inconveniences of the smaller space. The kids will think they are camping. I just checked the ceiling heights in my 5th wheel for reference. Bedroom is 6"2. Bathroom is 6"5. The rest is 8"4. Hope everything works out for you. 5th wheel is easier and cheaper to get rid of if you so chose.
    Freedom nor slavery favor any particular race or people

If it's for only a few months, I would rent an rv/camper. https://rvshare.com/rv-rental/south-...Wheel&sleeps=4
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Thanks to all that reached out. We found a house to rent today so it all worked out.

Good Deal!!!!!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"