Thread: CWD Long Thread

Default CWD Long Thread

I will update with anything I hear, read, etc. as time goes on. Please add anything you find...

I have not watched this, but here it is, labeled as CWD Cure...

Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Start at 6:25
    Prior to that it is who we are blah blah blah

I got news for baldy the second amendment has zilt to do with hunting.

Do not even try and make that connection.

It dumbs down the real reason it’s there.

To kill idiots and assholes which want to take your God given rights away!!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Wow!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Question for anyone who is qualified to answer, and I know, I know,

I have a bad assed hog dog named Terminator. He occasionally eats piglets. He gets CWD. He licks a child's face. Is there ANY chance that the child could contract CWD?

I've got feelers out about this news conference.
    But, based on what I have heard on it.... The bacteria that affects cows (mad cow), scabies in sheep and goats, and humans (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) among other animals is the exact same bacteria and they claim to have cross contaminated animals.
    So, to answer the question I would assume YES
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Shite. Not what I wanted to hear.

However, they have had CWD in NoDaK for at least 10 years. I have not heard about any deer>human transfer so I am optimistic that this will not be some "ebola" like deal...

I guess there will be outliers. Don't eat deer, don't let your hog dog lick your little girl. All should be well...

I remain skeptical.

We’ve known about prions and their ability to neurologically affect different species. CJD in humans, BSE in cows, scrapie in sheep and now CWD in deer.

My thinking is this is a commensal bacteria that is somehow attached to the prions.

Another place we see this is with heart worm disease and dirofilaria emmitis. There was recently a bacteria found that lives on the surface of D. Immitis. It doesn’t cause heart worm disease but is thought to contribute to reactions during treatment. So we now cover the dogs with doxycycline. Does it work? Who knows. Doesn’t hurt.

I think the same may be going on here where this bacteria uses the prion as a host. If it is truly the bacteria that is the pathogenic agent that would be great news. However, as I said before, I remain skeptical. If this is truly what they claim then this guy deserves a big house, fancy cars, a smoke show of a wife and all that comes with it.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Prions > nematodes

Interesting, I hope there is a cure. If it is true, get that guy on the cancer train ASAP.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I posted the video to several friends and one, who is pretty well connected to all things hunting, replied with this info:

Subject: UPDATED Response to PA Video & Dr. Frank Bastian's CWD "Cure" Claims

Please use this updated version. I inadvertently sent out an earlier draft. I apologize for the multiple emails and confusion.

Research claiming that bacteria are the causative agents of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies has never been reproduced despite extremely rigorous attempts to do so.
    In blind studies done by the University of Maryland School of Medicine, samples of brain material infected with scrapie, along with uninfected samples, were searched for Spiroplasma spp. and other common bacteria and bacteria-like structures using Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) amplification (PCR is a method widely used in molecular biology to make many copies of specific DNA segments). Researchers found no evidence that any eubacterium, including Spiroplasma or any other bacteria type, was consistently associated with scrapie-infected brain tissue, thus concluding that the “agent responsible for TSE disease cannot be a spiroplasma or any other eubacterial species.”

Source:

Absence of Spiroplasma or Other Bacterial 16S rRNA Genes in Brain Tissue of Hamsters with Scrapie

Irina Alexeeva, Ellen J. Elliott, Sandra Rollins, Gail E. Gasparich, Jozef Lazar, Robert G. Rohwer

Journal of Clinical Microbiology Jan 2006, 44 (1) 91-97; DOI: 10.1128/JCM.44.1.91-97.2006

An extensive research project completed at Louisiana State University on the potential roles of Spiroplasma in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies found that following inoculation of Spiroplasma mirum into neonatal goats and five month-old white-tailed deer, none of the animals developed clinical signs or pathology seen in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. In this study, the bacteria were introduced to the animals intracerebrally, intravenous, or intradermally. Additionally, researchers conducting this study tested three species of Spiroplasma and found that they were susceptible to minimal dilutions of common laboratory disinfectants as well as heat sterilization of only 250°F for 15 minutes. In a wide array of other studies, samples of transmissible spongiform encephalopathy-infected material treated with similar sterilization methods were shown to remain infectious; thus indicating that other factors not related to bacteria result in the transmission and/or persistence of the disease.

Source:

French, Hilari Maree, "Characterization of Spiroplasma mirum and its role in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies" (2011).

LSU Doctoral Dissertations. 3012.

Nearly all experimental examination of TSE-causing agents point to proteins at the infectious agent.
    The hallmark study of the prions’ role in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies was conducted by Dr. Stanley Prusiner who demonstrated that after adding enzymes that destroyed DNA and RNA to scrapie-infected brain material, the material remained infections. These enzymes would have damaged or destroyed bacteria present in the samples. However, when he adding protein-neutralizing enzymes to the scrapie-infected brain material, it’s infectivity plummeted. Thus, he demonstrated that the causative agent of the disease was most likely protein based, not bacterial-based. It should be noted that Prusiner’s work earned a Nobel Prize due to its rigor and reproducibility by other researchers.

Source:

Prusiner SB. (1982). Novel proteinaceous infectious particles cause scrapie. Science. 9;216(4542):136-44.

Artificially synthesized prions have shown to be capable of causing prion disease.
    To rule out the role of unidentified substances as disease causative agents in samples of infectious tissues, researchers successfully created a “clean” synthetic version of the scrapie prion that was capable of infecting mice.

Source:

Legname G, Baskakov IV, Nguyen HB, et al. (2004). Synthetic Mammalian Prions. Science. 7;305:673-676.

Nick Pinizzotto | President & CEO