Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trespassing and illegal dumping

I'd try to pm the address you found on the letter to rocketman. As long as his wife stays off Facebook, problem solved.

Last year I picked up 2 shot up, old school TV's off our club main road and took them to the recycling center 1 mile away (they've since been replaced). When I pulled in, the recycling boss lady said they don't take TV's. After explaining that I picked them up off the side of the road and really wanted them out of my truck, she let me sneak them in. There lies the reason there's so many tube TV's in the woods. Wonder what's the reason they won't take them?

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    Last year I picked up 2 shot up, old school TV's off our club main road and took them to the recycling center 1 mile away (they've since been replaced). When I pulled in, the recycling boss lady said they don't take TV's. After explaining that I picked them up off the side of the road and really wanted them out of my truck, she let me sneak them in. There lies the reason there's so many tube TV's in the woods. Wonder what's the reason they won't take them?
    Electronic waste is only collected at one location, 1 Saturday a month, here.

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    Don't TV's have gases in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Did y'all ever have any luck tracking down the thieves that hit your place?
    No. Had some leads but I can’t say the local police were terribly interested.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I've dealt with it once. We found a letter with a name and address on it so we called the Warden that lived down the road. He took the letter to the house and told them that they had a few days to clean it up or he was going to charge them. They came and cleaned it up.

What annoys me are the teenagers that pull into our "pull offs" and throw the condoms out of the window when they are done. A few years ago I pulled up and this guy and gal were in the back seat of a car. He was wearing her ass out. I just sat there and watched until he looked up and seen me. They jumped up and put their clothes on. I told him that I was going to let him finish. He apologized, I just told him to stop throwing the condoms out of the window.
    Voyeur much?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Voyeur much?
    If he would have waited around a little longer I would have asked for my turn.

Lol.

That is a worthless son of a bitch to throw that crap on someone's land

Speaking of this subject, I bought a 35 ac tract in Aiken in late ‘17. It unfortunately has (3) 0.10ac lots that the owner cut off in the 80’s to allow a couple folks to build a home. One of those had dumped random trash for years and I had the seller ask them to clean it up, which they halfway did. I’ve noticed the past few months more crap has been showing up.

Fast forward to last Friday, when I noticed they had parked 2 junk cars on my land. Of course the fat sucker wouldn’t come to the door, but his disabled mom apologized. I called Litter Control who said they’d be right on it, but no word for 4 days. I finally called and he said he went out and asked him to remove all trash and cars. He told the “officer” the trash wasn’t his but he’d get the cars removed. I told the litter guy I wanted it cleaned up and he assured me it would be, though he admitted that he didn’t ask or tell him to. Go figure. Oh, and said litter guy proceeds to tell me he drove through my subsurface irrigated field and got stuck, even though I told him to please stay out of it.

I tell the litter guy I want to take the next step within a week and he began arguing that “we” should give him a month. He tells me it took years to get that way so “we” should be respectful of the time it would take him to remove it. I told him to call me in a week, or I’d be calling him to pursue prosecution.

Saturday, I see the neighbor in the yard and stop to have a chat. He’s all bowed up from the get-go. I explain that I would rather keep him on his side and me on mine. He tells me, “well if I ain’t welcome on your land, you can get in your truck and leave.” I hope we have an understanding, but I’m sure he’s already vandalized something since our talk.

Hope you have better luck with it than me Wack.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Speaking of this subject, I bought a 35 ac tract in Aiken in late ‘17. It unfortunately has (3) 0.10ac lots that the owner cut off in the 80’s to allow a couple folks to build a home. One of those had dumped random trash for years and I had the seller ask them to clean it up, which they halfway did. I’ve noticed the past few months more crap has been showing up.

Fast forward to last Friday, when I noticed they had parked 2 junk cars on my land. Of course the fat sucker wouldn’t come to the door, but his disabled mom apologized. I called Litter Control who said they’d be right on it, but no word for 4 days. I finally called and he said he went out and asked him to remove all trash and cars. He told the “officer” the trash wasn’t his but he’d get the cars removed. I told the litter guy I wanted it cleaned up and he assured me it would be, though he admitted that he didn’t ask or tell him to. Go figure. Oh, and said litter guy proceeds to tell me he drove through my subsurface irrigated field and got stuck, even though I told him to please stay out of it.

I tell the litter guy I want to take the next step within a week and he began arguing that “we” should give him a month. He tells me it took years to get that way so “we” should be respectful of the time it would take him to remove it. I told him to call me in a week, or I’d be calling him to pursue prosecution.

Saturday, I see the neighbor in the yard and stop to have a chat. He’s all bowed up from the get-go. I explain that I would rather keep him on his side and me on mine. He tells me, “well if I ain’t welcome on your land, you can get in your truck and leave.” I hope we have an understanding, but I’m sure he’s already vandalized something since our talk.

What is "Litter Control" and what kind of officers do they have?

Good question....

Called Aiken County and got bounced around until I got a cell number for a guy. He’s evidently the boss of the department and shot me a number for the guy under him, who is over that area. He seemed to be more of a mediator that an enforcement type.

https://www.aikencountysc.gov/DspSvc.php?qSvcID=79
    Last edited by SaltMuck; 02-10-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Too bad there aren’t any hog houses nearby because you should spread that field with about 3 tons of hog shit to the acre, corn would grow great and the worthless piece of shit would have a trailer full of stink.
    cut\'em

Drag them out to the edge of the road then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Like the time I pulled into St Matthews and there they were pulled over at the Gin by the Highway Patrol. Patrolman looked a little jumpy so I pulled over at a respectable distance and stuck my hands out of the truck.

He finally came over and asked me what I wanted. I simply said that I was sort of responsible for these clowns and if I could be of any service, here I am.

"Do you know what they did?!!"

Well, nossir.

"I am following behind them about 3 car lengths on 601, when out comes a Churches Chicken box. It hit my damn car!!!"

Well...

"Well nothing! Before I could even compose myself enough to hit the siren, out comes an empty case box of Natural Light full of empties!!"

Ouch.

He went on to ask me why Roach had a gangster roll on him, which I had to explain the role of the HNIC (and this Patrolman was black) of rural South Carolina. He ended up just saying fuck it and let them go knowing they were not going to show up to pay any littering fine in Calhoun County.
    FUCK ME, this is fuckin' HYSTERICAL!
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Fuck -I new a Roach in the early 80's and it sounds like the same guy-cept it was Charleston

Wait a couple months to let it blow over, let the occupants leave and burn them out- trash like that won't have insurance and will have to move- I don't even know you and I'll give you an alibi