Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A400 plus vs sbe2

I have outlander and benelli, my benelli stays where it belongs. In the closet with all
    The junk.
    Last edited by raybird; 02-12-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Windows Down!

Yeah, all you dudes complaining about the way the A400's feel orta let your wives shoot em if they're "too big and bulky" for you......

I've got no reason when I've attained perfection.

Beretta A400 Plus that came out a little bit ago kinda merges a little bit of Benelli into the Beretta. 7x7 stepped rib, steel mid bead, longer forcing cone, over sized charging handle and bolt release. I recently got an M2 and have been fairly happy but damn thing kicks like a mule and have had 3 separate occasions going click on a bird. Beretta's shoot softer, don't feel as stream lined on your shoulder, a little heavier (Beretta 7 pounds 11 ounces vs Benelli 7 pounds) but after a little bit of getting used to, it't the gun I grab out of the safe every time. Go Beretta.
    "run and gun guide service"

There must be some dainty fellas on here. Complaining about a shotgun made for duck hunters that it feels too big and bulky for them.

The good news is several gun manufacturers are now making guns for ladies.

No shit guys I held a 10 gauge automatic the other day at south land guns and that was a heavy ass shotgun. Not sure what kind it was I think it was some sort of Remington. Apparently who ever was using it was hunting ducks or geese because it had a kicks high flyer choke in it. Who ever was duck hunting swamps around here with that gun is a damn man.

The a400 extreme plus has a raised rib. I have shot Benelli for a long time because of the the raised rib. When beretta raised the rib on the A400 extreme plus I bought one. I used it all duck season, at first I hated it because it took some getting use to. Now, I will never go back to a Benelli.. I struggled between buying a sbe3 or 2 instead, but I am sure I made the right decision for me.

As a side note I think swinging a 28” barrel instead of a 26” is what took some getting use to not the gun. I can feel the difference in a 26” vs a 28” and I have shot 26” my whole life. I like the 28” better now that I am use to it.

Okay backtrack, I haven’t held the extreme plus. I need to look at this gun.

Beretta. Fires on time, every time. Had a SBE2, traded it for the maxus. Got a Beretta, everything else is collecting dust. After reading some of the comments, I guess it's just made for those of us with man hands, so take that into consideration.

Speaking of that, I need to pay my annual dues on here and sell the maxus to get another Beretta.

I guess the Benelli is made for those with man shoulders.

Some say one model is to big. Others saying the other model kicks to hard. Bunch of estrogen in here the last few days. Pick you one and ride with it. If you don’t like it, post some pics and it can be gone in the trading post quick like.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Lugging that a400 with a 30" barrel through a 3 mile trek in the swamp is a task now ever since I blew my l4 disc out a year ago.i feel like a damn group of sumos are square dancing on my back after that.I can say that the a400 feels like a 2x6 but its been reliable.i float my hat at least 3-4 times everytime I go out out and shoot semi rusted kent shells and didnt have no clicks.

my 2 cents.....i have both. one is more bulky than the other, one kicks more than the other. both will kill ducks. one needs to be cleaned more than the other. one is heavier. some days i shoot a .410, others a 10 gauge, some holes a 20 gauge. i hunt a lot. probably 55 out of the 60, not counting early or late season. i find myself reaching for the inertia guns more so than the gas. then other days its a pump or sxs. i like shotguns. hard to say there is only one i want to shoot. with all that being said i do like the spring guns that seem to run without being cleaned everyday. as for that click....operator error

My skinny, just turned 10 year-old ran 50 shells through his M2 12-guage the weekend before last while shooting clays. Not a complaint out of him.

Food for thought.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I think my prejudice began with the camo extrema 2. Honestly, I don't care for any comfort tech or rubber thing on a shotgun, any of them, Beretta or Benelli.. I'm not going to be choosing an inertia gun anyways so that doesn't matter. But then again, y'all can asshole it up however you choose. Some of the A400's line of guns are pretty though.

and I'm pretty sure they're easier to clean than a 391

With the rubber forearm and the kickback stock. The Beretta looks like half rubber. How does that rubber hold up over time? Assuming you like it and keep it you might have to change th he tires on it every 40,000 miles.

Spoke with the Beretta rep today. He confirmed they will start offering the Plus with a 30 inch barrel later this year. The "snow Goose" edition already has the 30 inch barrel option with carbon fiber magazine extension. Its badass.