Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New coyote bill

Default New coyote bill

Ducktape

Do you have any info on the bill they are trying to pass about a coyote bounty? I heard a rumor that one is coming with a money bounty if it passes.

I'd be for this, add $20 to the cost of hunting licenses and pay a $20.00 bounty per coyote. There needs to be a STRICT penalty for anyone bringing coyotes from out of state....like super strict. I know there are more people who buy licenses than the number of coyotes that will be killed killed. In order to be effective the bounty probably needs to be at least $50.00.

Senator Goldfish wants to use the deer tag money for a coyote bounty and make trapping for coyotes legal year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I'd be for this, add $20 to the cost of hunting licenses and pay a $20.00 bounty per coyote. There needs to be a STRICT penalty for anyone bringing coyotes from out of state....like super strict. I know there are more people who buy licenses than the number of coyotes that will be killed killed. In order to be effective the bounty probably needs to be at least $50.00.
    I would support the bounty if you fund it and not the government.

I am hearing 75 a coyote and a couple more dollars per hunting license to pay for it.

That would be a sweet bonus to any hunt

Damn straight- put a bounty on hunter funded. There are plenty of people that won't shoot one on sight cause it might mess up their deer or turkey hunt- if they were rewarded financially they might pull the trigger

So we get date specific tags? I hope.

Give a buck tag for every yote killed.

It is in paper. $1 dollar more on licenses. 75 dollar for coyote. Hope it passes.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...d3cc58c9f.html

That ain't enough to pay for all the ones already being killed.

now if they'd open public land for trapping! of course with a trapping certification course would be cool!

Default New coyote bill

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    now if they'd open public land for trapping! of course with a trapping certification course would be cool!
    Yea, let’s give a bunch coneheads the ability to trap public land......brilliant.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 02-09-2019 at 05:44 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

If Dan Flores is correct, putting a bounty on coyotes may be the least cost effective method of putting a dent in the population.

Stupid.

CCLeroy could retire after a couple if years with all the ones he catches
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    If Dan Flores is correct, putting a bounty on coyotes may be the least cost effective method of putting a dent in the population.
    What's old is new again...I suspect every western state had one at one time or another must be coyote free by now.

Buddy of mine said he had some coyotes come to his turkey decoys last year. He didn't shoot em. Said they were to far away. Apparently his decoys were too far away. Either way. I would have at least shot at them.

From the article, SCDNR tagged and released 16 coyote and 20 of them have been turned in.

Quote Originally Posted by easyridingwo View Post
    Buddy of mine said he had some coyotes come to his turkey decoys last year. He didn't shoot em. Said they were to far away. Apparently his decoys were too far away. Either way. I would have at least shot at them.
    that's what I'm talking about- many clubs will kick you out if they find out you didn't take a shot at a yote. Shoot on sight might happen a lot more if you got $75 for it.