Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SC Senate Bill 477

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Any chance we can find an email for these two guys...
    If you click on the link for each there is a "send a message" button.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Anyone who ever counted a tamie against his limit is a faggot anyway. We predicted this bill the day the 2 mallard limit was introduced...

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    If you're surprised at all by this, then I don't know what to tell you.
    It's politics. Honest people aren't attracted to it. Politicians get paid off or received "benefits" by catering to certain groups. They will sneak in all kinds of loopholes and exceptions.

The bill is in the Game, Fish and Forestry Committee...the sponsors probably have already made up their minds so it might be best to reach out to other members of the GFF Committee...

Here's a link...with links to the individual members...

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/Committ...senatefish.php

That is tilting at windmills.

If you want to even try to make a difference, take it to the press and let them slam people claiming to be duck hunters and conservationists, who are lobbying for the exact opposite.

Sadly, that is the only shot you have...

If they want to buy 1,000 tamies and kill them the same day that would be fine with me. Nothing to be upset about whether you agree or disagree with the practice.

With all the new impoundments between I 95 and 301 between 108 and 102 , this doesn't surprise me. Plus I think DW new compound on Dingle pond rd is finished and the Clarendon Club has a new owner, going to be a lot of tamies this year. Tamies = monies.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If they want to buy 1,000 tamies and kill them the same day that would be fine with me
    No different than chickens. You buy them, you own them. We don't need a law "allowing" us to kill our livestock as we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    If they want to buy 1,000 tamies and kill them the same day that would be fine with me. Nothing to be upset about whether you agree or disagree with the practice.
    Exactly what he said.

Utterly disgusting. If only our state would quit looking the other way, too bad all the money is tied up with all the wrong people.

I could care less how many tamies they kill in a day. What I care about is the use of live ducks for decoys and tamies spreading disease.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

I don't even care that they are hunting illegally over live decoys. More power to them. All I ever cared about was the concept of people believing that shooting pen raised yearling ducks was somehow the same as duck hunting. Nobody believes that anymore, so mission accomplished. Let the slouchers slouch...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    No different than chickens. You buy them, you own them. We don't need a law "allowing" us to kill our livestock as we see fit.
    We do need a law to keep people's livestock for feeding on the properties of others or treating public lands like open range - SC has no open range lands.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 02-07-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I've got a bunch of old scwa bands I killed growing up. Good deal.
    About 15 years ago, I scored a quart bag of new SCWA bands. Being that my father hated them and their practices, I thought I'd store them on his lanyard. I put nearly the hole bag on it and hung it back in its place. Come hunting season, he went to pull it out and got much more pissed than I thought he would. That morning he sat in the swamp with me trying to bend them off and quit after 10 or so. He doesn't hunt anymore, but I'm pretty sure he's still got 75 or so SCWA bands around his call loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Who is going to gripe about free livestock? Your cow gets in my corn patch= my new cow if I am not feeling neighborly. Your tamie gets thrown in the bushes...

Or released quail or pheasants tossed from a tower. (other than the fact that both of those can't survive in the wild for very long)

I think it might actually be a good thing. I don't think some of these people even know that they are hunting tamies. The fact that you don't have to count certain birds will help draw more attention to the difference.

So, the state's not okay with someone's hunting dogs getting on someone else's property but they're okay with someone's duck getting on someone else's property to the point of encourging it?

You don't see dog hunters lining up to treat the State's politicians, DNR employees, etc to banquets, hunts, and dinners like the tamie shooters do. Their lobby is powerful enough to get their suppliers off of BUI manslaughter charges, I think they can manage to pass a simple bill among a crowd they routinely wine and dine...

You don't see dog hunters lining up to treat the State's politicians, DNR employees, etc to banquets, hunts, and dinners like the tamie shooters do. Their lobby is powerful enough to get their suppliers off of BUI manslaughter charges, I think they can manage to pass a simple bill among a crowd they routinely wine and dine...
    Sadly you are correct.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I get it but I am purposefully a pollyanna on all matters political...I don't trust them but it won't make me untrustworthy.