I’ve never owned a feeder in the past, honestly never cared that much about deer hunting. I would go 5 or 6 times a year, and shoot one or two a year. This past year my two nephews showed a lot of interest, and I imagine they will want to go any chance they get next year. Their dad is not a hunter, but they love it, and I enjoy the time with them.
I bought my first feeder yesterday, to cut down on the trips back and forth to the property. Last season I would put out 100 pounds of corn on a Thursday, and it would be all but gone by Saturday afternoon. I’m hoping the feeder will slow this down some. I have read that it takes some time to get them used to it, so I’m not opposed to running it year round, other than removing it during turkey season.
Is there a benefit other than the obvious to running year round? How long should I set it to run, and what times each day are you seeing to be most successful. Like I said before, this is my first feeder so any help is appreciated. It’s a Moultrie 30 gallon elite, if that matters. I typed all this on the phone, so spare me the typos. Thanks!